It's Been A Month... And Your Prayers Are Needed

• 223 posts
    April 12, 2011 11:58 AM PDT
    Last month, we nearly lost Ron's mother to a GI bleed.  Thankfully, she is still with us.  Then this month, my Gran passed away from lung cancer and Dale, my best friend since I was 15 years old passed away from lung cancer.  

Still reeling from the fear of nearly losing Mom, and losing Gran and Dale, today my son-in-law Steven deployed for South Afghanistan, leaving his wife, my daughter Teagan, and their two month old son Edmond.  He will be gone a year.

I would ask that you keep Steven and his company, as well as the rest of our troops in your thoughts and prayers that our Creator keep them safe and guide them home to us soon.

I'm so proud of him for his service and sacrifice to our country and her citizens, but I'm also scared to death, because this isn't the first time our family has faced the reality of war.

• 1364 posts
    April 12, 2011 12:44 PM PDT
    Godspeed, and prayers to you and your family
  • April 12, 2011 1:30 PM PDT
    Thoughts and prayers are on the way for you and your family. Let your daughter and her husband know that were all very proud of them and its couples like them that make this country of ours a great place to live in.
    • 834 posts
    April 12, 2011 2:02 PM PDT
    Well said Wheels. Beki, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
  • April 12, 2011 2:11 PM PDT
    4th ID....and the Big Red 1....good outfits. Served with the 4th ID during my 21 years. He's in good hands. Thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
    • 16834 posts
    April 13, 2011 4:08 AM PDT
    Our prayers will include you and your family.
  • April 13, 2011 11:46 AM PDT
    Prayers out to you and your family. God Speed to Spc. Eaton
    • 2072 posts
    April 13, 2011 1:46 PM PDT
    Thoughts and prayer for you and your family and extra angels around Spc. Eaton. Please send a special thank you to him for his service to his country and a special thank you to you daughter for her sacrifice !!!!