North Carolina Newby To Forum

• April 10, 2011 3:37 PM PDT
    Howdy, I'm Billy, I've been riding since 1975 and I'm new around here. Over the years I've owned Harleys and Honda's but I've currently got a thing for old vertical twin XS650 Yamahas from the late 60s to mid 80s. I'm currently riding an '83 Yamaha XS650 Heritage Special behind my very first fairing, a Rifle Superbike Fairing, and I'm loving it. I have 12 of these bikes in various stages of construction and deconstruction as they're the closest things to the old Brit bikes that I could get my hands on. There's something about a twin that triples and 4 cylnder engines just don't have.

If I could have any bike in the world it would probably be an upgraded and somewhat modernized pre-unit Triumph 650 like those that used to be everywhere when I was a kid.

I recently retired due to medical mental reasons and I'm a co-founder of StolenMotorcycle.net where we hope to help others get their stolen bikes back.

I also have my own motorcycle blog but don't want to look too spammy and won't link to it tonight.

If you're ever in Greensboro then look me up.
    • 16837 posts
    April 10, 2011 6:34 PM PDT
    Hello from Pennsylvania's north coast.
  • April 11, 2011 12:53 AM PDT
    Hello from another North Carolinian.
    • 19046 posts
    April 11, 2011 1:11 AM PDT
    Welcome.