A mother's broken heart

• 202 posts
    March 21, 2011 3:34 PM PDT
    A childhood friend lost her 22-year old son this past week.  He hit a cement fence column at a cemetary about two blocks from their house.  

Wake and funeral are tomorrow. 

He was recently estranged from his fiance' ; working hard on changing his life to win her and their 1-1/2 year old son back. 

There isn't a whole lot i can offer or do... so i decided to write a book about him, for his son.  So he will know who his daddy was and what he meant to so many people. 

• March 21, 2011 3:38 PM PDT
    Prayers headed in your friends direction.
  • March 21, 2011 5:13 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear of your friends loss & God Bless for writing a book for his son. Prayers & condolences...
  • March 21, 2011 7:50 PM PDT
    We wonder why things in life go like this ,,, I have 6 sons and no matter where they are or what they do or how old they get ,,, as a parent you worry ALWAYS !!!! about them. I "count" heads, to make sure everyone is safe and o.k when we are all together. Remember ,,, it takes a community to truley raise a child ,,,, this child is very lucky to have you in his life to tell him of his Dad. Thank-you for being there for this child. ,,,, heavenisabreathaway.
  • March 21, 2011 8:46 PM PDT
    Thoughts and prayers go out to you and this young mans family.
  • March 22, 2011 1:26 AM PDT
    Sure seems that at times there is no rhyme or reason for anything. This is one of them. Thoughts for the family.
    • 846 posts
    March 22, 2011 2:18 AM PDT
    My thoughts are with you and the young mans family.
  • March 22, 2011 3:10 AM PDT
    Prayers out to the family. I have 5 kids and talk to them all the time no matter where they are. I tell them call me anytime 24/7 if help is needed. Always tell them be careful and how much I love them. ( also my 10 grand kids) Thank You for careing LA
    • 1516 posts
    March 22, 2011 3:25 AM PDT
    OMG.. no parent wants to out live there child. Sad sad situation for the whole family! Thought and prayers to them all!
    • 3006 posts
    March 22, 2011 5:04 AM PDT
    No greater pain than losing a loved one at a young age,Kudo's to you for writing the book,it will be appreciated down the road.My prayers to all involved...
    • 212 posts
    March 22, 2011 7:23 AM PDT
    Toughts and Prayers for all.
    • 9 posts
    March 22, 2011 10:32 AM PDT
    I don't know what words would be sufficient. I only know how sad this is for you, for your friend, his fiance (in waiting), and his son. The book will be a nice touch. I will say a prayer for them all. That he was trying to get his life in order, only shows his heart was in the right place. And God knew that. Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 202 posts
    March 23, 2011 9:19 AM PDT
    thanks everyone for the encouragement! Very hard on Sue, she has only brothers and her mother is not around. Her brothers are awesome though, they have really stepped up to take care of her.