Fabrication

• Hoz
    February 3, 2011 2:28 AM PST

Due to all these new MC laws I am thinking of making some changes to my ride. 1 I have short pipes I love that look and want to keep it, thinking of cutting the pipes shorter and adding the OEM EPA muffler so it still has the short look.
    2. maybe putting some baby apes, I don't have crazy apes now but something smaller just so I don't draw attention.
    3. I have a bobber rear fender, looking to weled or fab a taillight and license plate mount so I can remove the side mount as it seems to be an issue.

My question is 1. How much do you think work like this would cost?
    2. Do you know anyone in METRO NY that can do this work?

HOZ

• 19049 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:39 AM PST
    I do not know of any fabricators up your way so no help there. I am gonna guestimate shop fees from $60 to $100 per hour. Fabrication like that will take time. Be ready to spend a few bucks. Other here should be able to come closer. Send a message to HijinxApparel here on CF. He is from North Jersey and might be able to direct you to someone..
  • February 3, 2011 3:59 AM PST
    Fabricators are big bucks! Scrap metal yard, you should be able to find everything you need for the tailight and license plate bracket. The bars and the pipes you should be able to find online or here thru one of Cyclefish's vendors.
  • Hoz
    February 3, 2011 12:19 PM PST
    Thanks but I dont know many scrap yards here in NY. And the issue I have with the taillight and the plate bracket is I dont weld! From what I was told I cannot screw it on to the fender because the vibration will soon crack the metal so It has to be a weld job.
  • Hoz
    February 3, 2011 12:20 PM PST
    Thanks I will reach out to HijinxApparel
  • Hoz
    February 3, 2011 12:20 PM PST

thanks

• February 4, 2011 2:48 AM PST
    How about a lay down plate holder? They mount with three holes in the fender. I would think that's just drilling three holes... and bolting it on. The bars are a little more complex. If you need new hose and cables, you're looking at about $250 or more for new ones, then gasket for the tranny side cover, new tranny oil, bleeding front brakes, bla bla bla. I would just check what your states law is and make sure you are in comliance before I changed the bars.