Never Forget ~ Never Forgotten

• 202 posts
    January 20, 2011 11:54 PM PST

The finger of God....

This page is dedicated to those who have been taken.  

May we never forget. 

May we never be ashamed. 

Let us honor them. 

• 202 posts
    January 21, 2011 12:00 AM PST
    Danny walked down the driveway toward the bike. It was a custom chopper that he had been working on for a while. As he walked, he whistled a familiar tune, then sang the words to David Bowie's song, "All the Young Dudes."

How differently i would have listened had i known it was the last time i would have heard him sing.

She started on the first kick. He turned to me and winked. It usually took 2-3-4 times before she would roar to life.

"It's gonna be a good night." he said.

I climbed on the back, pressed myself against his back and we headed down the road.

Somewhere on Santa Ana Highway 5, we went down. He was killed. I survived.

i still miss him like it was yesterday. I miss his friendship. I miss his laughter. I miss his whistle. I miss his smile. I miss our dreams. I miss the life that we shared. I miss squeezing my thighs against him as i ride behind him.

Everyone around me insisted that i move on. No one understands i can't. I won't. Perhaps that is why i survived, to honor him. And i'll honor him... in all that i do. Because all that i am, is because of him.

Never forget. Never forgotten.
    • 1516 posts
    January 21, 2011 2:36 AM PST
    Pauline,, that was very touching. I have lost people close to me, I will remember!
    • 844 posts
    January 21, 2011 3:13 AM PST
    Sorry for your loss... he was a lucky man to have a women that loved him so much!
    • 19040 posts
    January 21, 2011 3:46 AM PST
    WOW. Thanks for this view into your heart. Beautiful.
  • January 21, 2011 3:50 AM PST
    It's never expected, let alone thought of or about. We all have had loses. We never forget, and we do the best we can. Stand Strong!
    • 202 posts
    January 21, 2011 6:59 AM PST
    i know i don't stand alone... there are many among us who experienced the finger of God and survived, whether it was a good friend or a soul mate... just want to say... never forget.
  • January 28, 2011 1:41 AM PST
    LaPhoenix wrote...
    i know i don't stand alone... there are many among us who experienced the finger of God and survived, whether it was a good friend or a soul mate... just want to say... never forget.

I know what you are saying. But when they are tattooed on your heart they are there forever, and you see them in the smallest things. I agree never forget. Thanks for sharing. Ride Safe!

• January 28, 2011 2:07 AM PST
    Thanks for letting us share in your memories. Thats a beautiful story!!!
  • January 28, 2011 3:12 AM PST
    Great Story LA We need to keep our memories alive for our sake and those we lost. Webb
    • 580 posts
    January 28, 2011 9:34 PM PST
    Very eloquent and well put. Thank you for sharing. Friends and loved ones never forgotten and always in our hearts

Hugs (o:
  • January 29, 2011 1:17 AM PST
    Many people will walk in and out of your life…..but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart…..~Anonymous~

That has stayed with me since the first time I read it............
    • 202 posts
    January 30, 2011 1:25 AM PST
    AMEN!