Gatlinburg, TN/Deals Gap Ride

• January 11, 2011 3:50 AM PST
    Plannine a ride to Gatlinburg and Deals Gap the week May 21st-26th or 27th. Haven't planned one in a number of years. Riding from Raleigh out and back. Not a huge trip, but should be an interesting one. Interested? Let me know with a comment on the profile.
    • 844 posts
    January 11, 2011 6:12 AM PST
    Sounds like a fun ride, wish I could make it over there!
  • January 11, 2011 3:01 PM PST
    Let us know all about it...probably I will have to wait a long time before I get a chance like that.Enjoy!
    • 19046 posts
    January 11, 2011 10:31 PM PST
    Keep this forum current. It would make a GREAT CF group ride! I would go if I were not already planning on being out west by then. Really sounds like a good run.
  • January 12, 2011 1:07 AM PST
    Not a problem. Will take plenty of pics and make sure I get an album posted.
  • April 1, 2011 3:27 AM PDT
    The run out to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge to ride the Dragon and the surrounding roads has been pretty well finalized. Have lodging arranged in Pigeon Forge (sorta in the middle) and will branch out from there. Leaving Wake Forest, NC between 8 and 9am Saturday morning, May 21, 2011 for a leisurley ride out. Will leave on Wednesday morning, May 25th. Anyone interested in coming along, or meeting out there, let me know.

Ride safe!

Thanks Carrie. The return date has been corrected to the 25th!
    • 114 posts
    April 1, 2011 11:59 AM PDT
    Stan..... I can't wait. I'm already getting excited...... Talk to ya soon!!
  • April 1, 2011 4:44 PM PDT
    Yeah, me to. First good long run of the season, for me anyway. Date has been corrected by the way.
  • April 27, 2011 4:29 AM PDT
    Real bummer....unexpected costs (replacing water heater for $1400 bucks!) just blew my cash reserves, so trip will have to be pushed back. Late summer or early fall I hope.
    • 1 posts
    May 6, 2011 10:51 AM PDT
    If ya able to ride around the last week of June we will be in Maggie Valley for a week. Maybe we can hook up for a ride do some Gem mining or white water rafting plenty of stuff to do.
  • May 8, 2011 1:04 PM PDT
    I'll keep it in mind Steven. Was planning the ride Carrie is taking, but then this water heater crap. I MIGHT have a cash reserve of mad money buit back up. We'll have to see.