Dyna 05 front axle runout FXDCI

• January 4, 2011 1:06 PM PST
    Just had to rebuild my front tube and sliders on my 2005 superglide FXDCI, 6500 miles on it, seems the used bike I bought from bikerbill.com had been wrecked , tubes bent 60 thousand and 100 thousand  out. sliders had been run over by a belt sander and just looked bad. got new fork tube assmb. and sliders, installed tonight, keep reading about checking run out on fron axle, locked it up in lathe and hand turned with a dial caliper on it.  showing 13 thousands out.... should I replace it also?  ANy thoughts... Thanks
    • 19055 posts
    January 5, 2011 12:20 AM PST
    If it were me I would replace it especially since you did all of that other work. And that sucks getting a wrecked bike and not being aware....
    • 1364 posts
    January 5, 2011 2:06 AM PST
    I'm with Mike, get some new one's.... Safety first my friend
  • January 5, 2011 9:25 PM PST
    Thats kinda what I had been thinking, waiting for the new axle now, took time last night to replace bent clutch lever, and bars, also while Im down thought a oil change would be a good ideal, Im glad I did,  the oil was BLACK and smelled burnt, but the dealer where I bought the bike just changed it before I got it, 1000 miles ago....Listen to these words... A good deal is not always what it seems to be,  Buying a used bike needs to be dealt with alot better then the time I put into this one... I still love my Bike, But I'll never go back or send anybody else to this place.. Safe riding and God bless
  • February 9, 2011 1:06 AM PST
    Its why I never buy used when it comes to motorcycles! Life is too short, precious and valuable to trust anyone else's miles on the odometer!