Cigar Talk

• December 6, 2010 3:01 PM PST
     One of the best things to do after a great ride is to light up a fine cigar to go with a drink.

Some of my faves are
    - Camacho
    - Rocky Patel
    - Oliva
    - Cain

I like the full flavored full bodied smokes that can make you sweat!

Yeah, let's hear it for smok'n bikes and smok'n stogies.

Whatcha like?

• December 6, 2010 3:33 PM PST
    I should have mentioned that I stole that bike and cigar graphic from the website http://www.beerbikesbutts.com but I don't think he will mind.  I told him to join the site and he don't like it he can bitch about it to me when he gets here!  

So whatcha been smoking?  

• 0 posts
    December 6, 2010 6:24 PM PST
    Mate We went to a cigar bar in Deadwood and I smoked some bloody good cigars..........We havent smoked cigarettes or cigars since we left SD in August but i think we'll be ready for a good cigar by Sturgis next year...CHEERS BOOF
    • 844 posts
    December 7, 2010 1:15 AM PST
    Love a good cigar, but I have o admit I don't know all that much about them. I normally go to the cigar store and tell them what I like and take their suggestion.
    • 846 posts
    December 7, 2010 2:09 AM PST
    As for cigars it depends on the day and mood below are some of my favorites for an enjoyable smoke are.
    Rock Patel, 1990 and 1992
    CAO, Criollo and Brazilia
    Macanudo Robust Portofino
    I have some others that are work around the house but they are more chewing cigars as that’s what happens to them.
    • 1780 posts
    December 7, 2010 2:51 AM PST
    Got to know what your doing in this area or you will end up smoking something that smells like a burning inter tube.
    Use to like to smoke a pipe when I was in College, it was the cool thing to do back then. Hard to keep the damn thing going.
  • December 7, 2010 3:37 PM PST
    BOOF - Why wait till Stugis? Find a good cigar and enjoy!

GoFur - Here is a good website with video reviews about cigars, www.stogiereview.com. I learned a lot there.

Chaz - You have a wide varitey of tastes. I've had all the ones you mentioned except the Macanudo. They tend to be on the lighter side. What can you tell me about the Portofino?

nightdragon - You are right about that. I used to smoke a pipe long ago. For me cigars are a better smoke. AND, they don't require the attention a pipe does. Cigars are great because you get a good smoke and you put'm down.
    • 846 posts
    December 8, 2010 7:20 AM PST
    Ya my taste is all over the place. like i said it all depends on my mood.
    The Portofino is a more med to lite smoke. Its one of my non thinking cigars I don't think that much about it before smoking it.
    I too smoked a pipe for a while but it was like you and nightdragon mentioned it was to much work over a good cigar. Plus a cigar is more suited to a bike ride then a pipe.
  • December 8, 2010 8:39 AM PST
    Chaz... Yeah, that is what I figured. Those Macanudos tend to be on the light side, but I thought maybe you found one with a bit more body. I could dig smok'n one on a Sunday morning with a cup of joe, letting the coffee do all the heavy lifting for my taste buds.

Here is a little known smoke that really packs a punch in the flavor department if you are interested... Try the El Cobre by Oliva. One of my regular smokes that never lets me down. It is not all that sophisticated, just a good ol' stogie that packs some punch.

• December 8, 2010 12:43 PM PST
    So, what was the last cigar you smoked?

Right now I'm having a Hoya de Nicaragua, Antano, Dark Corojo. It is great with a late night cup of joe.
  • December 9, 2010 2:00 PM PST
    Okay, I understand, you don't care about what kind of cigar I'm smoking.  Maybe you'll care what kind of cigar she's smoking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TNL7evhhoU&feature=related />
    • 19064 posts
    December 10, 2010 12:09 AM PST
    Hey Hypno, since I smoke about 3 to 4 cigars per day I tend to go with a cheaper cigar. I never do drug store cigars. I have been smoking some Baccarat Toros recently but my usual is a custom made for the smoke shop I generally buy from. While on the road I have the shop ship them to me. I prefer a lighter smoke mostly, definitely don't like any thing spicy. Occasionally I will do a box of Uptman or Olivia Maduro
    • 1780 posts
    December 11, 2010 4:09 AM PST
    Angel Eyes and I went to a Cigar Bar once with a Cigar smoking friend. Angel Eyes ask .....you going to get a "Black N Mild"........I said ....Want me to get the shit kicked out of me or what!!!!!!...lol
  • December 11, 2010 5:01 PM PST
    Hey Rex the Road Dog - I met up with Lucky today at Cooks' Corner and your name came up. He told me about how good you and your dog have it these days. By the way, I get most of my cigars through www.CigarBid.com. Great deals to be had there if you know what you like of if you don't want to spend too much to try something new. Check it. Give that dog a pat on the head for me.
  • December 11, 2010 5:05 PM PST
    NightDragon - I never had one of those Black n Mild smokes. Folks are buying them and smoking them so they can't be that bad, but when you get a chance it might be time to step up a notch.

Tell me what you like in a cigar and maybe I can recommend a higher class smoke for you. Right now I'm smoking a Cohiba from the forbidden island. Life is good. Ride safe...
  • December 17, 2010 10:50 AM PST
     Here is another "cigar bike".   This one appears to be by CAO.