96 road king makeover...with a suicide shift :)

• October 26, 2010 6:12 PM PDT
    Been kickin this idea around for a few years & the time has come fo.my hot rod bagger. I've been looking for info or pics of baggers with a suicide shift all over the place with no luck. Anyone actually see this done? Know of any threads online about doing this? I know...why the hell would I want to do this? Well, I've got another bagger for the long comfy rides & now I just want to do something different. Any help or ideas would be great!

Here's the mental pic I have of this bike:

1996 road king
    32 degree rake
    stretched nacelle
    chrome dual disc front end
    narrow 23" front wheel & tire
    chubby pull back drag bars
    internal throddle kit, throttle & mirrors only on the bars to keep a clean look.
    dresser tank...no speedo or fuel guage...just fuel
    foot brake only for front & rear with an adjustable proportioning valve
    foot clutch & jackey shift, auto clutch by Granduer Cycle
    127" evo with 5 or 6 speed
    stretched rear fender
    srtetched bags
    & some short, loud, wild ass lookin pipes....

Like I said...any ideas or info?
    Thanks

• 0 posts
    October 26, 2010 6:53 PM PDT
    Goodluck with that Mate.....I think you might find the suicide shift gets old pretty quick,but what ever blows ya hair back......CHEERS BOOF
  • October 26, 2010 7:10 PM PDT
    Well I think a few of the issues of a suicide clutch are eliminated with the use of the Granduer Cycle auto clutch. It allowes you to come to a stop with both feet on the ground as it uses centrifugal pressure, not spring preasure. I even lets you pull up to a light in low gear & simply twist the throttle to take off again....just makes it safer I think.
  • October 27, 2010 9:53 PM PDT
    I did a search the other day from GOOGLE. I actually found a site that your looking for but didn't safe site.
    What I typed in was aftermarket harley parts
    Then I just keeped looking at all the sites.
    Sorry for not safing the site but hope you find it mate.....
  • October 27, 2010 9:54 PM PDT
    This site had suicide shift and foot clutch for all models of HD....
  • October 27, 2010 10:11 PM PDT
    Re my other comments. Since I sent those I had a quick look around and found if you type  suicideshift for harley   you'll find a lot of information there. One place that might be of interest is
    widowmakerindusties.com
    Hope this helps you out..
    Regards mate.