New biker church advice

• October 15, 2010 1:00 PM PDT
    We are getting ready to start a biker church in Sanford, Florida.  Any advice?
    • 9 posts
    October 15, 2010 5:36 PM PDT
    Make friends with the neighbors
  • October 15, 2010 10:49 PM PDT
    Dont run out of snacks! lol
    • 580 posts
    October 16, 2010 12:42 AM PDT
    Why do you call them churches? (o:
    • 601 posts
    October 16, 2010 4:49 AM PDT
    I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what exactly is a biker church ? and what is its function ?
    • 580 posts
    October 16, 2010 5:55 AM PDT
    rory1 wrote...
    I don't mean to sound ignorant, but what exactly is a biker church ? and what is its function ?

Glad it's not just me Rory lol
    • 223 posts
    October 16, 2010 3:49 PM PDT
    We have a few around here too.  "Biker" churches are so named, because they are biker friendly churches. 

Unfortunately, many times a biker shows up to church to worship and because of the way they are dressed or their tattoos, etc., they are turned away.  Most bikers don't "dress up" to go to church, they don't put on airs just because they're going to "the house of god."  They're the same person 24 hours, 7 days a week and don't change their appearance just to go to church. 

So, a biker church is typically made of of mostly bikers, although someone who doesn't ride, isn't turned away because they're different.

• 9 posts
    November 15, 2010 7:47 AM PST
    God doesn't care what ANYONE wears to church, to that end, I think a "Biker Church" is a great idea! Tho God may not care, unfortunately, others do seem to. But, not the church I go to here in Jacksonville. It's called the Vineyard, on Atlantic Blvd, Neptune Beach. The pastor wears hawaiian shirts and flip-flops, seriously. There are people from every sidewalk of life in that church, and that is what ya'll should aim for at your church. No exclusivity.
    If it's reputation is made as a "all friendly" church, you will attract more than bikers, and that is the way it should be!
    Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1780 posts
    November 15, 2010 8:07 AM PST
    I use to go to a Biker Church (or a Church that is Biker Friendly)....hell the pastor had more tat's then I did. Hey people it doesn't matter where ya go to Church or if ya don't go to church at all. As long as your good with the Lord, then your good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!