Road racing

• 601 posts
    September 3, 2010 8:50 AM PDT
    Some of you guys may know that Ireland is one of the last countries where the public roads are still closed off for motorcycle racing, this is actual racing, not like the T.T races which are time trials. Trouble with it is that we usually have a half dozen fatalities every year, thats the downside. We had racing last week in my area, the town was closed off for a week-end and we got some great races with top speeds of 190mph, the classic races were a welcome comeback, and we had no serious accidents. This event generates a lot of money into local business and creates a great buzz in these worrying times, here's a video with lots more linked

• g
    September 3, 2010 9:01 AM PDT
    ace ,,,love them clips .
    • 0 posts
    September 3, 2010 9:06 AM PDT
    Shit mate thats bloody cool stuff...those blokes got some balls road racing like that!
  • g
    September 3, 2010 9:09 AM PDT
    do it every weekend in scotland .
    • 19034 posts
    WOW Now that is one form of racing I would watch. I followed TT a bit way back when it was BSA, Triumph, Norton and such...
    Great Clips Rory!!!
  • g
    up the higlands and over the ski ressorts .
    • 601 posts
    September 3, 2010 9:13 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    WOW Now that is one form of racing I would watch. I followed TT a bit way back when it was BSA, Triumph, Norton and such...
    Great Clips Rory!!!

There's an open invite for ya here, anytime bro, we have a warm bed and a cool pillow, and a pot of stew on the boil...you come, we do the rest.

• g
    September 3, 2010 9:16 AM PDT
    great invite .
    • 19034 posts
    September 3, 2010 10:08 AM PDT
    Yeah, that is great. I will seriously consider it. I guess I have to get a passport huh...