Some kids went down in Erie, PA last night

• 76 posts
    August 27, 2010 5:54 AM PDT
    A friend that I work with told me this morning that a young man in his extended family and his girlfriend went down last night / early this morning in Erie, PA.  I don't have alot of details.  I know he has some broken bones and they're having to do some surgery to his head and his girlfriend is in critical condition.  His names is Ricky and I don't know the name of his girlfriend yet...they are both 20.   Please throw some prayers up for them...thanks guys
    • 6 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:31 AM PDT
    Hey I just checked the local Erie PA news, found a very short story about a "man and woman" who were both injured when their motorcycle struck a deer at 8:50 last night. I'm hoping this is the one, because it said that both riders were hospitalized with "non life-threatening" injuries. It's the only story I could find about a cycle accident in the Erie area, very short, no names and few details, but it's there. Regardless, prayers going up for them!

http://goerie.planetdiscover.com/sp?skin=&aff=1100&keywords=motorcycle />
    • 19049 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:41 AM PDT
    They are in my thoughts...
  • August 27, 2010 6:50 AM PDT
    Deer are a regular road hazard here too, we will be keeping them in our thoughts!
    • 76 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:51 AM PDT
    Thanks guys

Nathan: I don't think that was them - word is it happened around 2 am...still waiting for word on them
    • 2072 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:51 AM PDT
    Prayers sent for them, friends and family and the medical staff caring for them....
    • 76 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:59 AM PDT
    Thanks Blvd

Just got an update: They hit a pole around 4am -- Ricky is as we speak in surgery. They are having to do repairs to his colon and intestines...will defnitely have a bag for about 6 months. She is still in ciritical condition and is currently in surgery doing repairs to her skull. Initially they thought she had lost her arm but actually she lost a couple of fingers. So young...so sad
    • 1516 posts
    August 27, 2010 7:49 AM PDT
    Yikes, that really sucks. They are in my thoughts and keep us posted of progress!
    • 76 posts
    August 27, 2010 8:40 AM PDT
    Thanks Debra - won't be back on the computer til Monday but will give an update then. Thanks again everyone!
    • 76 posts
    August 30, 2010 5:55 AM PDT
    Just a quick update: Ricky's surgery went well and he has a long road ahead, but will be okay. His girlfriend on the other hand remains in critical condition. Continued prayers are appreciated! Thanks
    • 76 posts
    August 30, 2010 7:03 AM PDT
    It is with a truly heavy heart that I let you guys know that Maddie didn't make it - she passed away this afternoon. May she rest in peace.
  • August 30, 2010 7:52 AM PDT
    the extended family now includes texas guys, they are in my thoughts
  • August 30, 2010 7:53 AM PDT
    damn, i didn't read the line above. my condolences to the family and friends. i am sorry
    • 1516 posts
    August 30, 2010 8:01 AM PDT
    ahh man!! I am so sorry for the loss. Please pass on our condolences.
    • 76 posts
    August 30, 2010 8:51 AM PDT
    I sure will - thanks!
    • 6 posts
    August 30, 2010 10:32 AM PDT
    So Sorry to hear. Will be praying for her family, and for Ricky's recovery...