Strange things you've seen or experienced while on the road

• August 22, 2010 12:25 PM PDT
    Want to hear your tales and yarns of weird things, funny things and strange things you've seen while out riding...

I just shared this in another forum, but thought it would be fun to share everyones' experiences!

Cheers!

...picture a guy riding I-5 on his Harley (yes... a Harley...) he passes us and I thought "My God ~ his jacket is laying on the rear and the arm is swinging by the chain!" Looks like a serious recipe for disaster... then all of a sudden, it looks like a 'tin can' rolling depth charges! Roll one ~ roll two ~ roll three... he had a case of beer under his jacket and it was open! Nothing like seeing beer cans hit the super-slab at 70 and dodging them! They were flying around us, over us, under us... spinning and foaming... what a laugh!!! Thank God no one was hurt, but I bet he was a little hacked when he got there and wanted to pop a cold one!!! 

• 19046 posts
    August 22, 2010 12:30 PM PDT
    WOW that could have been deadly. Glad all worked out. But did you get any beer????

I have a couple stories but have to gather my thoughts for a bit.
  • August 22, 2010 12:32 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    WOW that could have been deadly. Glad all worked out. But did you get any beer????

I have a couple stories but have to gather my thoughts for a bit.

Mike ~ it was like trying to catch snowflakes with your tongue... a brief experience and not very satisfying... HA HA HA!!!

• 19046 posts
    August 22, 2010 12:49 PM PDT
    Ok one of my stories is similar to catching snow flakes....

I will put music to my narrative...

It was almost sunset one nice early July  evening and  few friends and I were in Deadwood SD. We headed out of town via I-90 to our motel in Spearfish, just a few miles away. I was lead rider and as we hit the entrance ramp we came up on a truck hauling chicken in those wooden crates with lots of space between the wooden bars. Now there were a few bikes behind me and we only had a few miles to go and there was some traffic. I didn't try to pass. When the truck finnally picked up speed the feathers started flying. Let me say it was a frickin feather storm. In the couple miles I tried to grab one but was unsucessful. Laughed about it a lot. Now a few weeks later when I was back home and giving Rex a well deserved bath and detailing guess what I found. Yep, a few of those feathers stuck up between the frame and engine.

• August 22, 2010 12:58 PM PDT
    DANG BUDDY! I' just about spotted on that one! HA HA HA!!! But be warned... do NOT ride along side a cattle truck after they been feedin' on grass... the dude who cut me off in the pretty red Dodge got a paint job!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HA HA!
  • August 22, 2010 5:05 PM PDT
    was riding with friends to the laughlin river run 2008 on hwy 40 when the driver in front of us all of a sudden drove off the road in the desert and then came back on the hwy barely missing my buddy jim and his wife, forcing jim to turn his roadking into a dirtbike at 80 mph on the shoulder of the road, no body crashed luckily and of course the caged idiot never even slowed down to see if all was well with us. Also that same year we saw a dead moose with his legs pointing straight up in the air on our way to sturgis in Wyoming,.ok its weird for me im from the city.