Looking Fwd.

• August 18, 2010 12:13 PM PDT
    WOW!   I've been through the wringer lately and haven't felt like doing much in the way of cruisin' the site.  We pulled back on the bike painting as most will not want paint until the cold weather takes over, and we found out the guy we were renting the shop from was going to put the whole building up for auction because of financial issues, of course. So we'll be running it from home unless there is a surge in demand.

Work has had me on all three shifts covering vacations and hitting it hard on the weekends to keep up with demand. But, the weather is getting better and had to wear a jacket this morning when I rode to work.  We have been able to do some riding when I did get a day off.  Got to meet Badirish and his girl, Joanne all while spending good time with Hollywood and Mrs. Hollywood, SKY and Vstar. 

Looking fwd to the leaves turning and strapping on some cool weather gear and hittin the rode when all slows down.  I'm sure my melancholy will be put to rest as it always is when the autumn takes over and the Masters brush paints the hills of Ohio with His pallet of wonder. 

Great stuff when your ears are a little crisp and the smell of burning leaves tickles your nose as you blow through the finger of smoke lazily crossing the road.  There will be the smell of pumpkin pie and kettle corn in the air at the Pumpkin Festival in Circleville, OH. And when it's time to pick a pumpkin, there will be a field full of them at the farm market south of Columbus on Rt.23 along with a veritable plethora of jelly's, jams, pie's, cider, hot and fresh breads and the live bluegrass they have playing in the barn every year.

Financial uncertainty is probably going to keep us close to home and we're really burdened by the fact that it will keep us from attending the Maggie Valley meet. But, we'll be seeing you all next summer at the Central Meet and Greet and counting the days until then.

Anyone traveling near Toledo be sure to drop us a note and stop in and see us. It'll be a free night's stay in a house full of family.

OK, thats my shout out to let everyone know I'm still reading and enjoying your posts. hope everyone is well and enjoying the dog days.....

• August 18, 2010 12:44 PM PDT
    Hey James ~ yes, the dog days... but I agree ~ autumn brings some spectacular views and the promise of family getting together! I too look forward to it in the PNW ~ just need a few different changes of gear throughout the day :-)
    Oyster Run coming up in latter September ~ probably cool in the morning and hot in the afternoon. Last year is was about 44 degrees when we went down through Bryant to meet our friends at Hiway 9 ~ then head north to 20 and out to the run ~ then hotter than blazes in the afternoon. But nothing beats the sights, smells and overall experience of the season.
    When you gotta strap the ear cover on in the morning and take it off in the afternoon ~ it's all good!
    Ride safe Brother and enjoy! Want to see some of those fantastic sights from Ohio!
    Coop
  • August 18, 2010 12:56 PM PDT
    Will do. I need to get the wife up for some riding in Maine. Probably similar to your end of the country in weather. I was there in 90 something and had a most memorable experience with the locals in the little restaurants along the coast and then the high country was beautiful. There was a feel of rugged and rustic aura to the whole trip for me. The visuals were great.

Gonna try to get back in touch ith my camera this year. I have neglected it for a couple years now.
  • August 18, 2010 2:15 PM PDT
    you guys just keep talking about the flora and fauna around the country, i am looking to move out of texas after my youngest is out and on his own, so everything you say is painting pictures. i am really tired of the oven down here
  • August 18, 2010 3:43 PM PDT
    Oh man! Come on out thisa way or thata way... Def would prolly treat you to a lobster fest or we could do a Dungeness Crab feed with some PNW Oysters! Good stuff Derek!!! I've always wanted to go to New England for a clam bake... on my bucket list ;-)
  • August 18, 2010 3:50 PM PDT
    i have always wanted to go there in the fall. just might! hope those lotto numbers bring it home!
  • August 18, 2010 3:53 PM PDT
    i have always wanted to go there in the fall. just might! hope those lotto numbers bring it home!

Oh haven't we all... I wish we all could score on that one :-)

• August 18, 2010 3:54 PM PDT
    no winner here! damn!
    • 413 posts
    August 18, 2010 7:35 PM PDT
    Yep, looking forward to some good home made New England clam chowder and saltine crackers with a little Louisiana hot sauce in the fall....ummmmm....ummmmmm!!!
    • 19046 posts
    August 18, 2010 11:27 PM PDT
    Fall riding in the NE mid Atlantic and SE is my favorite riding time too.

James, I know that all will go well for the tribe for you have it under control and have made your plans well.
    I do expect to get to Ohio within the next couple months so hopefully I can stop by.
  • August 18, 2010 11:32 PM PDT
    Just let me know when! My door is always open, brother.....
    • 352 posts
    August 19, 2010 1:19 AM PDT
    Fall is one of my favorite times to ride as well, I love it just cool enough to make it comfortable to wear the leathers and the engine breaths with gusto.

I did love riding New England in the fall, crisp clean air, great views and lot's of twisties, been years since I was up there riding. I may well try to get to OH in the coming months since I have never been there.

James, you guys will be missed in Maggie Valley.

I hear there are some good eats around Ashville in September - should be fun.
  • August 19, 2010 1:40 AM PDT
    Hey if anyone wants to do a Southern Ohio Fall tour, just let me know. We have a great finished basement that can probaly sleep 6-8 for those that don't want to spend on a hotel/motel. I know some GREAT riding all the way down to the Ohio river, roads that turn to dirt/gravel for a while and some of the most beautiful "tree tunnel" back roads that meander through the foothills. Could pitch tents at my Uncle's Farm, 80 acres, maybe do some morning shooting after breakfast and then hit the road to go home.
    • 1780 posts
    August 19, 2010 2:50 AM PDT
    I remember once years ago my ex-wife (Bitch) ....well she wasn't my ex at the time (Dumb ass me) went to her parents house in coos bay Oregan, her dad and I went, and dug up clams on the beach. Man he made up a batch of Clam Chower to die for. Speaking of to die for, got to go check the obits to see if my ex is in there. I know I'm going to hell for that one.
    Dragon