2000 sporster 883 rear wheel will not align?

• August 2, 2010 1:18 PM PDT
    I came in from a short ride, just about a block from the house starting hearing a noise.after jacking it up (the noise would only happen when rolling)The rear wheel was hitting inner fender checked for alignment one side of axle is almost a half inch out. ,have the manual have repeated align procedure repeatedly,not able to adjust it it in. spokes are good I dont see any sign that bearings in wheel are rear swing arm are bad(really not sure but according to instructions and information from others) HELP PLEASE.THANK ANYBODY AHEAD OF A TIME.
  • August 2, 2010 1:24 PM PDT
    is your swingarm tweaked? like a bad bushing letting one side sag?
    • 19055 posts
    August 2, 2010 11:56 PM PDT
    Reapeating an Axiom, have you done anything recently to the rear of the bike? A tire rubing a fender is in my opinion a serious misalignment therefore something has gone way wrong. Also have you checked the mounting of the fender?
  • August 16, 2010 2:00 PM PDT
    Johnny ~ is the Sporty engine rubber isolated like the Dyna? Does the swing arms pivot come off the transmission and not attached through a pivot point on the frame? If it is like I described ~ you might have a motor mount issue. I really didn't understand this concept of the 'rubber isolated' engine and powertrain all being supported by two rubber mounts until I researched Eric Buell's original patent on the design. I just installed a True Track system on my Dyan for that reason... which was a pain in the butt, but the wife noticed the difference immediately. Keep us informed ~ very interesting subject.
    Coop
    • 834 posts
    September 2, 2010 8:01 AM PDT
    hey Johnny, you ever get this figured out?
    • 19055 posts
    September 2, 2010 2:29 PM PDT
    Yeah, I would like to hear too!
  • February 16, 2012 5:34 AM PST
    Hey guys I am very grateful for the input.The problem was the belt drive shaft was sheared.I only found this out after I picked it up from the dealer (in Anderson sc)with the all clear not being able to ride out of the parking lot I had it towed to a local guy(Steves iron head cycles walhalla sc864-638-8777) he saw it before it got off the wrecker.
  • February 16, 2012 5:35 AM PST
    Sorry it took so long for the reply, its still being worked on hunting some gremlin shorts.