How many people let there kids on forums without supervision

• 1509 posts
    July 21, 2010 12:49 PM PDT
    My son is 18 and his computer is still restricted from racey web sites and forums. he still has a fasebook account, a myspace account and has gone arround the security to view questionable sites.  He shows absolutly no intrest in Cyclefish cause it is an old peoples site and has nothing for him. he does not ride yet.  I think the family site attitude is good and too restrictive. a nude breast is not a bad thing a thing or cheeks won't hurt. private parts need to stay that way

what do you think
  • July 21, 2010 1:02 PM PDT
    my oldest is 18, it's about time for him to learn, my lil one is 12, hell no
    • 2072 posts
    July 21, 2010 2:51 PM PDT
    When my kids were growing up and still at home I had their computers hooked up on my home network. I could at any time check their usage, web site visits and could even duplicate their key strokes. Told them from the get go..... I see or find ANYTHING inappropriate and I could (and would) pull their plug !!!!! Basically said anything you would be ashamed of showing your Sunday School teacher !!!!!
    • 1516 posts
    July 21, 2010 4:29 PM PDT
    My son is 18 and he has access to most things. I know from experience that the forbidden fruit is the sweetest. I want to be able to guide him through things. We have a very open relationship, as when I was growing up, I had to learn everything without my parents, cuz they were very restrictive.

I can tell you one thing, I would hate for my son to go on Cyclefish and see me without any clothes. I would hate for anyone too. If I want to go to a rally and show what I want to show, I do not believe that it is ok for anyone who happens along to post a photo on a web site. Most will do that without the subjects approval. They do not bother to ask! It is just not ok in my book. I am not shy, and have more than the average amount of fun at rallys, but shoooot.. ask me if you want to post my picture..
    I am pretty sure no one has enough time in a day to go and make sure that any boobs that are posted have given there ok for it.. I don't know, just my opinion!
  • July 21, 2010 5:10 PM PDT
    Mine are 35/34/32 n I hope to hell I planted a positive seed in m but on the other side In MY house they are supervised on my systems...MY HOUSE MY RULES !

With that said my grandkids all 5 of m 10/8/7/5/3 know that if they go somewhere on the pc that is restricked at my house n theirs they get
    NO MORE MOTORCYCLE RIDES !

N believe me this threat works every time cause they love to ride as much as they love their games.........guess there's a little Grampy biker blood in m ?
    • 19046 posts
    July 22, 2010 12:19 AM PDT
    Having no minors at home I am out of that loop. But when I did I was kind of like blvdcruiser. Told the kids to use there own judgment but I could be watching at any time.