REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.

• July 6, 2010 9:55 PM PDT
    I dont know how much this is true or not?

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
    REMINDER.....  all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:    
    888-382-1222.
    It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
    You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.

• 413 posts
    July 6, 2010 11:03 PM PDT
    Ron...errrrrr.....TACO, I got one of these emails a while back and checked it out with the below listed link. Like you Who the hell knows what to believe with these cell phone companies and federal regulations; but the info I found is listed. Seems I get one or two telemarketer calls a month which pisses me off because it is minutes I'm paying for. but WTH do ya do about it? Anyway, check it out and make yer own decision

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp />
    Had to edit this to indicate TACO instead of  Ron. Sorry TACO, you know I'm getting old when you and bikersarge start looking alike
    • 1066 posts
    July 6, 2010 11:21 PM PDT
    We got on that "Do Not Call List" a few years back for the landlines. It didn't do a hell of lot of good, we still got the Marketing calls.
    • 413 posts
    July 6, 2010 11:29 PM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    We got on that "Do Not Call List" a few years back for the landlines. It didn't do a hell of lot of good, we still got the Marketing calls.

Yea Gary, same here. Still get the damn calls; but by the time I'm done talking to em; they DON'T call back

• 19046 posts
    July 7, 2010 12:26 AM PDT
    Way back when this first appeared I listed ALL my phones on it. It stopped all but political phone calls. I know it is hard to believe but our elected officials that wrote the law creating this listing exempted their political ads and marketing from the law.
    • 413 posts
    July 7, 2010 12:50 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Way back when this first appeared I listed ALL my phones on it. It stopped all but political phone calls. I know it is hard to believe but our elected officials that wrote the law creating this listing exempted their political ads and marketing from the law.

Yea Mike; REALLY hard to believe 
    • 212 posts
    July 7, 2010 12:55 AM PDT
    Thanks Taco
  • July 7, 2010 12:58 AM PDT
    Thanks Taco

• 413 posts
    July 7, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
    TACO wrote...
    Thanks Taco

TACO, check out my edit above....My badd as they say Bro!
  • July 7, 2010 1:05 AM PDT
    Thanks Taco...
  • July 7, 2010 1:11 AM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    TACO wrote...
    Thanks Taco

LOL...thats ok blaine....i still love ya bro....

• July 7, 2010 1:11 AM PDT
    RandyJoe wrote...
    Thanks Taco...

• 413 posts
    July 7, 2010 1:15 AM PDT
    TACO wrote...
    FxrDude wrote...
    TACO wrote...
    Thanks Taco

LOL...thats ok blaine....i still love ya bro....

Cool!...LOL. I think I got confused with you wearing that "Miller Lite Lamp Shade" on yer head and Ron (bikersarge) with a fecking coon on his head. At the very least ya'll could be long lost sibelings...LMAO....Love back at ya Bro

• July 7, 2010 1:17 AM PDT
    LOL....he could be my daddy?????.....lol
    • 1161 posts
    July 7, 2010 1:51 AM PDT
    I dont know if it works or not but I just say no and hang up.  Or I dont answer it and block the number.   
    • 601 posts
    July 7, 2010 8:04 AM PDT
    They can call all they like....I don't have a cellphone...bloody tracking devices.