Can anyone tell me more about this bike?

• June 21, 2010 5:36 PM PDT
    I saw this fabulous older ride this past weekend & was intrigued to know more about it's history....1970's Escalade
  • June 21, 2010 10:57 PM PDT
    Not an Escalade. Moto Guzzi Eldorado or maybe an Ambassador. Either late 60's or early 70's.
    Great bikes run forever. Made in Italy.
    • 413 posts
    June 21, 2010 11:17 PM PDT
    I say Motto Guzzi. Don't know what year but yep; a Guzzi somewhere in the late 60's.
    • 568 posts
    June 22, 2010 12:18 AM PDT
    yeah... Moto Guzzi. not 100% sure, but probably Ambassador, late '60s

PS- thanx for friend request Marie, hope ya had a hell of a hoolay (B/day)
  • June 22, 2010 1:48 AM PDT
    Most probably a Moto guzzi ambassador, friend gave me one to rebuild for his wife. Belonged to her dad. Had it in shop for 3 years. Turned out nice. Go to Moto Guzzi website with VIN number & they can tell you everything you need to know. Moto Guzzi National Owners Club. MGNOC.com
  • June 22, 2010 7:00 AM PDT
    UltraGlide wrote...
    Not an Escalade. Moto Guzzi Eldorado or maybe an Ambassador. Either late 60's or early 70's.
    Great bikes run forever. Made in Italy.

YES Ultraglide...that's it...the guy said Eldorado! Blonde moment in saying Escalade! He had just gotten it and was hoping to get it in top shape for riding soon! I absolutely loved the front fender ornament! He was not sure what hood ornament it was but knew it was an "extra"...great bike tho!
    I'd love to see more of them...I am a sucker for the older bikes....My Dad had an Indian but my Mom made him sell it b4 I was born! Would love to have had a pic of that!

• June 22, 2010 7:02 AM PDT
    ezzyrider wrote...
    yeah... Moto Guzzi. not 100% sure, but probably Ambassador, late '60s

PS- thanx for friend request Marie, hope ya had a hell of a hoolay (B/day)

was a blast Ezzy, thank you! The bike is an Eldorado...thanks to Ultraglide...I remembered the name!

• June 23, 2010 12:44 AM PDT
    Glad to be of some help.
    Guzzi's are great bikes with a great history. I've owned several of them in the past and if I had enough money to own more then one bike, I would own a bunch now!!
    check out this website.

http://www.wildguzzi.com/index.htm
  • June 24, 2010 5:24 AM PDT
    Ultra...Great website! Amazing bikes...I'd still like to know what/where the fender piece came from...any ideas?
  • June 25, 2010 1:57 AM PDT
    Not sure on the "hood ornament" Maybe off a vintage Pierce Arrow???
    • 568 posts
    June 25, 2010 5:27 AM PDT
    WOW, thanx Ultra for the link.
    me too, if i can afford a stable i would own 1 or 3 of them...
  • January 20, 2012 11:07 AM PST
    Looks like my 1971 ambassador-Moto Guzzi fer sure! 750 maybe.nice bike man! i LOVE my Guzzi!!