replacement seat opinions wanted

• June 8, 2010 4:45 PM PDT
    i'm 5'6" and ride an electra glide, that being said i have some minor issues getting my feet on the ground, was thinking about getting the harley "reach" seat,  in addition to finishing lowering the bike. any thoughts on a comfortable deep cut seat?
    • 601 posts
    June 9, 2010 12:15 AM PDT
    I'm the same as yourself badinfluence, ass too close to the deck..Go to a good upholsterer and get an inch shaved off the foam in the seat, or buy a second hand seat and do the same, keep the origional in case you sell the bike on. Most bike seats have 3-4 inches of foam and taking an inch off don't upset the comfort or handling of the bike, I know, most my bikes have it done. Saves a few bob on the cost of an aftermarket seat too.
  • June 9, 2010 12:48 AM PDT
    when i baught my 09 streetglide...the seat would'nt let my short legs get a good contact with the ground...so i end up buying a 1 1/2 up seat from harley....it moved me up and also it is cut out more for your inner leg area so you can get better footing.....im gettin ready to do to my stock seat like what "rory1" said...have it cut down a bit so it will fit me better when im ridding solo...
  • June 9, 2010 1:12 AM PDT
    Have a friend back home that had similar situation. In addition to dropping the bike as much as possible, he bought some Red Wing boots that had an incredibly thick sole. Well over an inch. An extra inch on each foot helps a lot! Something to consider
  • June 9, 2010 1:33 AM PDT
    Corbin
    • 1780 posts
    June 9, 2010 1:43 AM PDT
    Check these guys out, this is where I got the seat for the Dragon Bike, and I LOVE IT.

http://www.ccseats.com/
    • 19049 posts
    June 9, 2010 1:55 AM PDT
    Derek, I have a Mustang with back-rest on Rex. It could be narrowed a bit in the front but it lowered me a bit. Have you considered lowering the entire bike. I did with Rex because I have a similar vertical challenge.
  • June 9, 2010 11:17 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Derek, I have a Mustang with back-rest on Rex. It could be narrowed a bit in the front but it lowered me a bit. Have you considered lowering the entire bike. I did with Rex because I have a similar vertical challenge.

the ole girl is dropped 2" in the rear, still need the front done, i have the harley boots with the thick soles, that has me almost where i want to be, the biggest thing i have noticed is when i have to really get on it hard, i slide backwards in the seat, lot's a torque, so i was wanting a deep seat for the short leg syndrome and to help hold my ass in place
  • June 9, 2010 11:42 AM PDT
    I put the Corbin close solo on Bonnie's road king. Made quite a difference.
  • June 9, 2010 12:05 PM PDT
    TheExtreme wrote...
    I put the Corbin close solo on Bonnie's road king. Made quite a difference.

i'm going to take a look, i really don't care if i carry a passenger, can always get an add-on seat later
    • 21 posts
    June 9, 2010 12:12 PM PDT
    I have corbin on my bike and it made a big diff - not sure how much you're looking to get out of it
    • 1066 posts
    June 9, 2010 1:14 PM PDT
    I'm pretty well sold on Mustang. Had one on bike i just sold, i think i'll buy one for the Harley. You can plant your butt on one of those and ride all day.
  • June 11, 2010 12:55 AM PDT
    Hollywood wrote...
    I'm pretty well sold on Mustang. Had one on bike i just sold, i think i'll buy one for the Harley. You can plant your butt on one of those and ride all day.

Yea, after the 1000 mile break-in.
  • June 12, 2010 5:56 PM PDT
    went with the sundowner deep bucket, not bad! hell of alot better that the plank i was sitting on. thanks for the input!
  • June 13, 2010 11:44 AM PDT
    I'd vote for the mustang. I have one on my Shadow. When the salesman sold me the bike he tried to brag up all the 'extras' the previous owner had put on the bike. I told him 'chrome and fancies don't make it go'. But after buying the bike I love the mustang seat. Best investment I never paid for. I put on a couple hundred miles today just looking at all the water in the OK and TX panhandles after last nights big rain. My sit-down wasn't even tired. Put in a 700 mile ride last summer in one day and it is a great seat!