Pushrods

• 1040 posts
    April 22, 2010 7:00 AM PDT

Anybody got a set of EZ install adjustable pushrods for a EVO motor layin around in decent shape I can buy at a fair price. I don't care what mfgr they are as lond as they can still be used for a little bit of time. I have Screamin Eagle EZ Install adjustables in mine but the two in the rear cyl are screwed up; won't collapse enough to get out by normal method of installation and removal. Adjuster screws are locking up before it collapse's far eneough down to remove over the edge of the lifter blocks. I had to pull the lifter blocks off today to romove them so as not to have to remove the gas tank and rocker covers. My cam is a bolt in V-Thunder EVL-3000 .500 lift (Very close to stock of .478 I think). Thanks guys

• 1040 posts
    April 24, 2010 9:59 AM PDT
    One of you moderators that might be itchin to delete something today; here's ya chance if ya want. Take this thread down cause I found and corrected my problem. Thanks guys
    • 1040 posts
    April 25, 2010 5:06 AM PDT
    Well folks;, I believe I'm in business again. As "Willie" said. "ON THE ROAD AGAIN."

Re adjusted the pusrods and took her for a spin about 10 miles. Ran her through the gears and red lined her a few times; not a ticking sound to be heard. Also, changed out the lower, middle, and upper o-rings in the pushrod tubes because she was blowing oil; NO MORE OIL BLOW!!!

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!
  • April 25, 2010 5:07 AM PDT
    glad to hear it brother!
  • g
    April 25, 2010 6:22 AM PDT
    talk english dude ,lol ??
    • 1040 posts
    April 25, 2010 8:16 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    talk english dude ,lol ??

My bike works now...LOL

• 1040 posts
    May 21, 2010 9:38 AM PDT
    Well my noise is back again  No problems when at idle and warming up. Get down the road and after warming up a bit she starts clicking and clunking to the point I can hear it noticably while crusing at 70 mph or so. Then the noise will stop and and go away; then come back again. Will hear it sometimes when at idle after warming her up and running her...Can't figure it out. All this noise shit never was in play untill I put a new cam in about a year ago.

I'm tired of screwing with it and don't yet have the time or place to work on it like I want and need too so I'm putting it in the shop Wednesday to have the primary drive (compensating nut, chain adjuster, etc) checked and while its there haveing the V-Thunder cam pulled out and a new Andrews EV-3 or 13 (Haven't decided which yet) cam put in. Indy promised me he'd have it ready by the 20th of June just in case I can make it to KY.
  • April 26, 2011 9:50 PM PDT
    idle interest, which cam did you go with and did the new cam fix the noise problem? or was it something else?