Newbie Here!

• January 21, 2024 6:37 PM PST

Hi! My name is Misty Dawn and I am Founder/President of Riders United Ruritan Club. While Ruritan Clubs are not new, a club pointed toward motorcycle riders is! We started working on the possibility of this club in January of 2023 and FINALLY became official in September 2023.

The Ruritan motto is "Fellowship, Goodwill & Community Service".

It took a month to finalize everything, and our first event was a dinner for our local veterans in November. The month of December we collected socks and blankets for two of our local nursing homes.

The Ruritan motto, describes bikers "TO A T"! Every biker I know has the biggest heart and is always willing to help complete strangers. I wanted this club to prove this to the ones who put us in the stereotypical category of "bad". My goal is to create local bike nights, hold monthly rides, and hopefully begin monthly charity rides for our local fire departments, emts and non-profits. 

The club is 30 strong, currently. And we are ALWAYS looking for more riders and non-riders, alike! 

All that being said, when we hold our community service events, can I post them on the event page or here on the forum? Or can I post them at all? Of course the charity rides would be on the events page, but anything like a blanket drive or blessing bag drive, where would those be posted or can they be posted?