Motorcycle Forums » Biker Chat

What Draws You Into A Biker Shop?

• 1 posts
    September 29, 2022 8:47 AM PDT

Hi guys and gals.  Looking for feedback.  We have a biker shop on Route 66 in Arizona.  There is a diner behind us.  Our back has huge signs and a painted Route 66 walkway to attract people from the restaurant behind us into the shop, so they know we are here.  A couple days ago, we saw about 20 bikes pull up into the restaurant to eat, but they didn't walk across the parking lot to our shop.  Maybe they were in a hurry?  Anyway, we are looking for things that attract bikers into our shop.  We're bikers ourselves, but we want feedback from those traveling as we mostly get a lot of tourists on Route 66.  If we left something on your bike, what would get you to stop over?  A collector poker chip?  A coupon?  A free gift?  Something else?  

• 15848 posts
    September 29, 2022 1:18 PM PDT

A coupon.

• 18058 posts
    September 30, 2022 5:23 AM PDT

What Rev said, adding maybe an arrangement with the diner to offer a coupon to their customers with their menu, or a stack and sign on the register counter

• 12 posts
    September 30, 2022 8:52 AM PDT

Make a deal with the dinner to be reciprocal.  You offer coupons at your place for the dinner, maybe a Free Coffee or something like that and they offer coupons for your place for a Discount, Poker Chip or something like that.

• 10 posts
    November 20, 2022 2:59 PM PST

Gonna have to send my Bro your way, his Dyna is in a bad way. 

Ive been to motorcycle shops around the world. The only place to give me anything for5 walking in was Columbia HD outside of Vancouver WA. 

I did get something for free from a gal at an HD shop, but thats another story.