• 1 posts
    March 11, 2021 3:37 PM PST

I am Dan from Chicago. Just picked up my first HD, 2018 Heritage Classic.
    I am 49 years old, been riding actively for 41 years, and yet I never owned a Harley, I have a lo to learn about them.

I am a former club racer, I raced mostly in the MidWest with CCS. In the past I raced Aprilia, Ducati Triumph and Kawasaki. Time was right to retire from racing and start enjoying other types of riding. I may do few track days but no more racing.

Currently in addition to the "new" FLHC, I still own few bikes:

2016 ZX6RR
    2007 Suzuki Burgeman 400
    1967 Benneli 250 cafe
    Few dirt bikes and scooters

• 16798 posts
    March 11, 2021 4:33 PM PST

Welcome aboard.  :-)

• 19007 posts
    September 29, 2021 7:19 AM PDT

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. 

• 4 posts
    October 1, 2021 8:34 AM PDT

Me Too!  Sort of, not a racer but did a few long distance endurance rides (Iron Butt stuff like 1,000 miles/24 hours and rallies)
    I used to ride a Yamaha Virago, then a Suzuki Savage and when I couldn't keep up with my husband, got a 1999 Kawasaki Concours, brand-new.  After some modifications to "lower" it, I rode the snot out of it all over the US, long distance rallies, and the like.   Then my daughters became teenagers which keeps you around the house more.     

Now they are adults, and the husband says, I'd like to know what the deal is with a Harley Davidson.  So instead of divorcing him like other middle-aged wives would do, I grabbed my purse and said let's go.  He has a 2016 H-D Ultra Electra Glide 103, too heavy for me to ride alone SOOO he had to "pay a Harley Tax" which means I have a 2021 H-D Softail Street Bob 114 - Aug 12, 2021.  Started with 6 miles, now has nearly 2,000 miles.  The bike and I still trying to get used to each other.  Doesn't corner like my Concours, more powerful than any bike I've had.  But I like it so far.

Old Baby - GPNEHI

New Babies -- names have yet to reveal themselves....