New in North Texas

• 2 posts
    August 4, 2019 3:41 PM PDT

Hey, I signed up apparently a bit over a month ago but then didn't get back here. Not sure how active this is here but thought I would post something.  I've got a 2014 Street Glide and 2011 Street Bob (bought used).  I like them both as they have separate uses.  I got tired of big and/or slow moving groups (come on, we have to be able to be faster than a pickup truck) and Meetup Groups which seem to be so inconsistent in regards to people showing up that I've just been riding solo mostly.  Also not too keen on paying to be a member of H.O.G. plus paying more to ride with a chapter...and again large groups.  Kind of picky huh   Hence the solo riding - ha!  Anyway, I am actually in the Allen, TX area and if you find yourself with similar riding thoughts maybe we can hook up sometime.  Been riding around 40 years but Harleys are a fairly new adventure. /Terry

• 19034 posts
    August 5, 2019 7:38 AM PDT

Welcome, and I agree with you about groups. Riding since before there was dirt I had too many scary experiences with groups of unknown riders. Mostly ride now with some good friends (of more than 20 years) and avoid large groups that I am unfamiliar with. I have riden with bigger groups but I either knew their abilities or always rode in the back.

• 2 posts
    August 5, 2019 1:59 PM PDT

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

Welcome, and I agree with you about groups. Riding since before there was dirt I had too many scary experiences with groups of unknown riders. Mostly ride now with some good friends (of more than 20 years) and avoid large groups that I am unfamiliar with. I have riden with bigger groups but I either knew their abilities or always rode in the back.

[/blockquote]

(hopefully this reply works right)

Ya, I've been hit from behind on a first time ride with a group at a stop.  You are fortunate your buds still ride.