what's the best motorcycle earplugs/hearing protection?

• 5 posts
    July 8, 2019 12:53 AM PDT

I've been thinking about this lately. I've been diagnosed with hyperacusis (noise sensitivity) and tinnitus. Tried generic foam plugs but my ears hurt because of my narrow and weird angled ear canals. I hope you guys can help me and other forum members with the same condition.

Thanks in advance and ride safely!

• 5 posts
    July 8, 2019 7:50 PM PDT

Any one tried custom plugs like this? This one looks good too. It's filtered and you can change the dB level filter.

This post was edited by BrookEbisa at July 8, 2019 7:51 PM PDT
    • 3006 posts
    July 10, 2019 1:09 PM PDT

Usually I carry a pair with me,my pipes are not the loud type,yet I will use them when it's really windy riding.Just figure out which kind work best for your riding use.Mine are those soft plug types,cheap easy to replace/clean if they see a lot of use.

stay safe & enjoy the ride

• 1855 posts
    July 11, 2019 11:16 AM PDT

Too late

• AJS
    • 1 posts
    August 23, 2019 7:25 AM PDT
    Ear Peace
    • 3 posts
    August 25, 2019 9:32 AM PDT

I've been using EarPeace for a long time. It's pretty good and comfortable.

• 1 posts
    January 25, 2020 5:12 PM PST

On the Harley with my half helmet, I use Etymotic ER20XS. My pipes are stock, so not really bad, but as a drummer, I've always used the Etymotic Musician plugs, so it made sense for me to use Etymotic for riding as well. The good thing about these plugs (aside from reasonable cost and washable), is they attenuate the sound equally among the spectrum. Meaning, as a drummer, I can still hear the band normally, and as a rider, I can still hear my bike normally. Just 20db less. For a full-face helmet (or any helmet that covers my ears, I either use standard foamies (since the helmet itself quiets things down a bit, or a pair of SkullCandy earbuds (if I'm using an intercom) because they don't stick out as much/push on my ears.

In any case, I'm always wearing ear protection.

• 19007 posts
    January 28, 2020 10:45 AM PST

[blockquote]Jimmyacorn said:

Too late

Yep, Me too!

• ben
    • 1 posts
    February 13, 2020 9:29 AM PST
    I use Howard Leight LASER LITE.

They are foam, but it is much softer than some of the others.

Who ever is telling you "too late," ... continue to not use ear plugs and it will get worse.

I buy the 200 pair box.

Ben
    This post was edited by ben at February 13, 2020 9:30 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    September 18, 2020 7:56 AM PDT
    Howard Leight LASER LITE is a great choice for sure...
    This post was edited by roger11F at March 14, 2021 9:33 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    October 16, 2020 7:45 AM PDT
    Optima https://bestmarinebatteries.com/best-optima-battery-review/ has created a good reputation as one of the best battery brands on the market. And today let us discover what great products does this brand has.
    This post was edited by Intellection at November 6, 2020 1:17 AM PST
    • 4 posts
    January 25, 2021 7:48 PM PST

I use custom riding headphones/hearing protection from Big Ear. They also have other products with interchangeable filters. I've already tried their other products and that made me buy these pricier piece from them. Mine's like these on the video.

Check them out. https://www.bigearinc.com/motorcycle-riding/

• 13 posts
    August 19, 2021 11:54 PM PDT

I like using the Howard Leight Max earplugs. Very comfortable.

• 2 posts
    February 28, 2022 8:23 AM PST
    get off the load bikes could be #1, but we have found nothing we like better than DECIBULLZ, after a good helmet that cuts the sound this will make you almost feel like your on a magic carpet.

Moto Guzzi

More Power Less Noise
    This post was edited by VaMotoGuzzi at February 28, 2022 8:23 AM PST