High Beam Problem

• 3 posts
    August 17, 2018 10:07 AM PDT
    I have a 2016 Heritage Classic. When I turn my high beams on it goes out. I have troubleshot it from the battery through the switch. I am losing power somewhere between the switch and the light itself. The dealership says it might be the BCM but they will need a diagnostic fee to tell me if it is.

I am trying to locate the BCM on my bike anyone know where it is?
    • 19040 posts
    August 18, 2018 6:35 AM PDT

After reading your reply I did a little looking around...here is a BCM reader you might consider...Adding if Harley put the headlight control in there me thinks it is a really stupid idea...Ahh for the days of points on my Bonnie...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/vance-hines-code-read-for-harley-2011-2018?kclid=01d8f9c3-6cf2-4072-ab81-cd55923519e9&gclid=CjwKCAjwh9_bBRA_EiwApObaOCQojO6IgT5EfdxI9Q3FL3YhVXzmw1WGZl2R2Ve4GGbGZSarwGWSPhoCTWIQAvD_BwE
    This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at August 18, 2018 6:35 AM PDT

• 3 posts
    August 18, 2018 6:55 AM PDT
    Found my problem. It was my aftermarket LED Headlight. I think the little black box attached to the light burned out and was causing my problems. I switched back to the stock lights this morning and everything works great.

Thanks for your help
    • 3 posts
    August 18, 2018 6:55 AM PDT
    Found my problem. It was my aftermarket LED Headlight. I think the little black box attached to the light burned out and was causing my problems. I switched back to the stock lights this morning and everything works great.

Thanks for your help