Another new guy, Eastern NC

• 2 posts
    May 23, 2017 6:37 AM PDT

I have been riding since the beginning of March. I get on the bike whenever I have a spare minute (sometimes when I don't) and commute to work via the motorcycle when I don't have to dodge the raindrops. 

I took the BRC class the first weekend in March. On that Monday, I stood in line at both DMVs, one to transfer the title of the 1985 Yamaha XJ700 and get it registered, the other to get the Motorcycle endorsment. My first ride that wasn't in a parking lot I twisted the throttle a little harder than I needed to, felt that acceleration, and I was hooked. 

• 57 posts
    May 23, 2017 7:15 AM PDT

Welcome to CF James, just remember the Level of Power to Level of Experience can be very overwhelming and easily can take over better judgement,

Enjoy your ride but Think and Stay Safe

Best of Luck Take Care 

• 16831 posts
    May 23, 2017 12:37 PM PDT

Hello from the Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.

• 19040 posts
    May 24, 2017 3:51 AM PDT

Yeah, to what Hunter said....and

Welcome from the At-Large member (currently in Terlingua, TX) to the Best Damned Family Friendly Biker site on the entire web.

• May 24, 2017 4:45 AM PDT

Welcome to one of the only addiction's that's good for ya.......

From Eastern Tennessee welcome to the CF Family, enjoy the site

Night Dragon

• 2 posts
    May 24, 2017 11:23 AM PDT

[blockquote]Hunter55 said:Welcome to CF James, just remember the Level of Power to Level of Experience can be very overwhelming and easily can take over better judgement,[/blockquote]I get what you are saying, it was an error to twist the throttle that hard, and I took it as a learning experience that I needed to be more careful with the throttle.