Tennessee Tourist Town Review

• December 17, 2016 5:47 AM PST

February 1 2017 will be 4 years since I move here from Texas, and I think I'm now qualifiyed to provide a sound review of living in a Tennessee tourist town. 

First and formost the people that live in the area are some of the kindest folks I've ever met, and I once throught Texas had the frendliest. When the community experiences a tragedy these people come together like I've never seen before, to confort and provide needs to the ones in need. A lot don't have much, but will always give something.

Oh and they talk a little different here as well. You go into a restaurant and the servers call ya honey, sugar, sweety and these kinds of words in Texas are reserved for girlfriends. The second day I was here I was at a cracker barrel setting at a table, and this lady came up to me and ask ...Have you been with anyone yet?....I told her hey this is only my second day here, but I'm working on it. She ment has anyone waited on me. How was I to know. Quite a few of these folds do not know when to use the words DID or DONE. Hey it's done for everything. 

Now let's talk about there driving ability.....First you do not have to take drivers Ed here to receive a drivers licence like in some states, and it shows. Some of the worst drivers I have ever seen. They actually believe there side of the road and half of your on-coming side is theres. Oh yea Red Lights, apparently around here RED is just a darker shade of Green. Just because the light turns green for you doesn't really mean you good to go. Better Check cross traffic first. Because this is a tourist town there are a lot of out of state folks who don't have a clue where there going. You had better expect the unexpected from them. Riding a Bike here is just insanely dangerous, and you have to be on top of your A game at all times. There is nothing more exciting than meeting a tour bus coming up the mountain to keep ya on your toes.

Because this state (or at least in this area) does not have a yearly car inspection law, the cars around are not kept up very well. It is very common to see cars with only one headlight working, and apparently around here the car manufactures do not install blinkers on the cars, because I never see them used.

There is one last thing that I just can't get over. Apparently it is some kind right of passing for teenagers to fly huge Confederate battle flags on there trucks, like there trying to take a hill or something. I just want to say to them......Hey Scooter we lost, remember ! I mean in Texas we got our ass kicked at the alamo but we don't drive around flying Texas flags on our trucks.

All in all it IS a beatiful place to live with the mountains and the great views. Ya just have to get use to living in a tourist town. Oh yea within a 3 mile streach of Sevierville and Pigeon Forge Parkway there must be 38 GO CART tracks. Damn how many do ya need.

Be safe out there

Night Dragon

This post was edited by Deleted Member at December 17, 2016 5:50 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    December 17, 2016 3:11 PM PST

i visit that area at least 8-10 times a year. we were their yesterday took grandkids to dollywood to look at the lights. drove thru pigeon forge and galatinburg. a lot of traffic at times.

• 1855 posts
    December 18, 2016 6:37 AM PST

TOURISTS!!! That's the one thing we thought about when we decided NOT to move to that area. But we love riding in east Tn. and N. Carolina. And we always go back every year.