Freedom from or freedom to
    Do you know the difference

This post was edited by Oregonspringer at December 10, 2016 4:36 PM PST
    • 298 posts
    December 10, 2016 7:59 PM PST
    Which do you want
    • 1855 posts
    December 11, 2016 2:44 AM PST

Let's hope this is simply a philosophical discussion and not political.

There's a dichotomy in your question.  It's like the song; "Love and marriage, love and marriage, you can't have one without the other".  Or another way to put it; "you take the bitter with the sweet".

Freedom to and Freedom from exist in the same context throughout life.  Anyone who would defend either side is probably just bored with his/her life or has an inferiority complex and craves attention.  Hell, that's we have forums for.  LOL

• December 11, 2016 5:59 AM PST

[blockquote]Jimmyacorn said:

Let's hope this is simply a philosophical discussion and not political.

There's a dichotomy in your question.  It's like the song; "Love and marriage, love and marriage, you can't have one without the other".  Or another way to put it; "you take the bitter with the sweet".

Freedom to and Freedom from exist in the same context throughout life.  Anyone who would defend either side is probably just bored with his/her life or has an inferiority complex and craves attention.  Hell, that's we have forums for.  LOL

[/blockquote]

Doc don't you EVER leave this site, because I love to read your post and responses. Deep Brother, I love it.

ND

• 16795 posts
    December 11, 2016 10:56 AM PST

Sounds like the ever going debate over the first amendment.

• 19007 posts
    December 12, 2016 4:55 AM PST

Hmmmm think I'll sit and watch this one....

• 1855 posts
    December 12, 2016 1:57 PM PST

[blockquote]RevBigJohn said:

Sounds like the ever going debate over the first amendment.

[/blockquote]

It's a philosophical question and not an ongoing debate about the first amendment.  Ya know, I posted something on another forum about the VA that had absolutely nothing to do with politics and more to do with my frustration.  But the moderator made it political and locked the thread after a member called it political.

I gave what I thought was a valid philosophical answer to the question.  It didn't ask us to explain the first amendment. It didn't ask us what we think of the first amendment.  It didn't even mention the first amendment.

BTW; the egg came first.

• December 12, 2016 8:41 PM PST

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

Hmmmm think I'll sit and watch this one....

[/blockquote]

Chicken...LOL

ND

• 8 posts
    December 16, 2016 8:39 PM PST

Image result for chicken and egg cartoon

• December 17, 2016 5:05 AM PST

[blockquote]NorthIdaho53 said:

Image result for chicken and egg cartoon

[/blockquote]

I don't care who you are...that is funny

ND

This post was edited by Deleted Member at December 17, 2016 5:05 AM PST
    • 611 posts
    December 20, 2016 12:27 PM PST

Freedom from... oppression, prejudice and judgement. Hatred, anger and self-loathing...

Freedom to... forgive, accept and give your heart. Love, laugh till it hurts and accept yourself.

These are but a few of the things Freedom means to me. I live it, everyday...

Edge 'Free' Man

This post was edited by Edgewalker54 at December 20, 2016 12:27 PM PST
  • December 20, 2016 2:30 PM PST

[blockquote]Edgewalker54 said:

Freedom from... oppression, prejudice and judgement. Hatred, anger and self-loathing...

Freedom to... forgive, accept and give your heart. Love, laugh till it hurts and accept yourself.

Edge 'Free' Man

[/blockquote]

Damn Brother I've been waiting for you to way in on this one, and you did not disapoint!

ND

• 58 posts
    December 21, 2016 1:31 PM PST

[blockquote]Edgewalker54 said:

Edge 'Free' Man

[/blockquote]

Edge, once again you have put into words the very essence... 

• 3006 posts
    January 1, 2017 12:55 AM PST

Freedom from Tyranny, Fear, Ignorance. Freedom to Believe, Create, Move.

The question posed is like two edged sword,it cuts both ways !