• 19007 posts
    November 29, 2016 5:32 AM PST

That is the area he live in.

• 44 posts
    November 29, 2016 6:22 AM PST
    I haven't heard from him it's really bad I am heading that way now
    • 1855 posts
    November 29, 2016 8:03 AM PST

Yeah, he's supposedly off the strip in Pigeon Forge. 

• November 29, 2016 1:18 PM PST

Thanks everybody for the concern. Last night the fires came within 1/4 mile from us so we scooped up the dogs and cats, and important papers and made a run for it to a motel in a safe zone. This morning I came back to check the house and it was still here, however there are still fires in our area, so constant alert is necessary.

Just heard the state is starting to use BlackHawk Helo's to drop water, and it is suppose to rain again tonight, so we are hoping for the best.

I'm standing on my deck taking this picture of another fire that is just starting up. As the crow fly's it's about 500 yards away.

Will keep everyone up-dated 

It's now 9:30 PM and they have just put out that fire.........

Night Dragon

on

This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 29, 2016 6:38 PM PST
    • 44 posts
    November 29, 2016 2:00 PM PST
    Great to hear from you we will be there with the tdot tonight staging in sever vile
    • 580 posts
    November 29, 2016 2:31 PM PST
    Stay safe and hope the fires stop soon
    • 3 posts
    November 29, 2016 6:38 PM PST

best wishes to everone in that area. i go down to that area at least 8-10 times a year. watching the news from there it looks bad. governer said it was the worst fires in 100 years in tn.

• November 29, 2016 8:42 PM PST

My wife is coming down with the flu, so I filled up with coffee and standing Fire Watch all night long. Smoke in the area is getting bad, however the rain is just a short distance out. Thank God!

Stay Safe Everyone

Night Dragon

• 19007 posts
    November 30, 2016 5:31 AM PST

Hoping the new morning is finding yall wet and without fire!

• 1855 posts
    November 30, 2016 8:11 AM PST

Great to hear from you!!!!  Glad you're safe and it looks to be one hellluva clean up organization ahead.  Take care.

• November 30, 2016 9:42 AM PST

The picture of the fire I posted above was extinguished at 9:30 but re-ingited around Mid-night, I could see the lights of the fire fighters coming over the ridge to re-fight that fire. They were still in the process of fighting that fire when the rains came in, and the rain came in with a vengence. I finally got a little sleep around 3:00 am.

I have see distruction from tornadoes in Texas, and earthquakes in Californa, but this is something of a new magnatitude for me. I just can't understand why someone would start a fire on purpose when so many lives have been distroyed. So far I believe there have been 4 death's, families that cannot locate each other, business's distroyed, a town that relies on tourest to survive burned down, not to mention all the forest creatures that have died.

I want to send out a heart felt thanks to everyone that has checked on me and my family, as this is a time that people will come together for the good of humanity. I know this region will survive, as there are so many people already calling in to churches and other aid organizations asking how they can help. We have a lot to do in the coming months and years, but with God's help we shall overcome.

Everyone be safe out there and hug and love your family

Night Dragon

• 58 posts
    November 30, 2016 11:15 AM PST

Glad you and yours are safe!

• 16795 posts
    November 30, 2016 1:34 PM PST

[blockquote]NightDragon said:

Thanks everybody for the concern. Last night the fires came within 1/4 mile from us so we scooped up the dogs and cats, and important papers and made a run for it to a motel in a safe zone. This morning I came back to check the house and it was still here, however there are still fires in our area, so constant alert is necessary.

Just heard the state is starting to use BlackHawk Helo's to drop water, and it is suppose to rain again tonight, so we are hoping for the best.

I'm standing on my deck taking this picture of another fire that is just starting up. As the crow fly's it's about 500 yards away.

Will keep everyone up-dated 

It's now 9:30 PM and they have just put out that fire.........

Night Dragon

You folks are in our prayers.

on

[/blockquote]

• 4 posts
    November 30, 2016 5:18 PM PST

So glad to hear the fires are being put out.  Be safe out there.

• 3006 posts
    December 1, 2016 10:05 AM PST

Good to hear you & the family are safe n sound !!! Great pic's too.

It is a terrible tragedy, as any such fire can be.Prayers for all affected. Any who have experienced that sort of loss know how tough it is.As I understand 7 people lost their lives in it.Good to know there are folks helping each other out ! After the earthquake in 89 seen a lot of that here.

stay safe & enjoy the ride

• 57 posts
    December 2, 2016 8:56 AM PST

Happy to hear you are both safe and have had no loss of property ND, sending prayers to all those affected. 

Take Care and Ride Safe 

• December 7, 2016 3:14 PM PST

Tennessee Fires Back Story:

Law Enforcement now has two people in custody for starting the fire. May God have mercey on there souls.

Apparently the local Media doesn't want anyone to know that there was looting going on after the fire , but there was, and plenty of it, now the local Politicians are trying to keep this kind of news from the potential tourist business.

Oh and the shelters are filled with people that lost nothing, and just looking for a hand out, and taking advantage of the sitution.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of GOOD People out here helping the needy, but like any other tragedy, it attracts the low lifes of our society who are out here trying to scam the system.

Why are there lazy people walking amoung us who don't want to work, but are always ready for a free hand out?????????

Maybe the gene pool needs to be cleaned out

Be safe out There

Night Dragon 

• 19007 posts
    December 8, 2016 6:04 AM PST

As long as we allow these parasites to exist they will. Looters should be SHOT period. Those taking advantage of the charities should go to jail, also period.

• 11 posts
    December 8, 2016 8:00 AM PST

Arson is also suspected in NC fires near us in Burke & Caldwell counties & other NC counties. There were 23 separate forest fires. I haven't heard/read of any convictions.

• February 8, 2017 6:55 AM PST

I decided to make something in memory of those lives, and business lost during the November wild fires. May we never again witness this kind of distruction in Tennessee, and may justice be served for the two individules that started the fires. I have Great admiration for the first responders that worked tenaciously for days to bring the fires to an end. I have never seen such compassion from a community during a time of need!.........This piece of work looks much better at night with interactive lights and sound.

Volunteer Strong

Be safe out there

Night Dragon

This post was edited by Deleted Member at February 8, 2017 7:45 AM PST