LED lights

• 1 posts
    August 24, 2016 1:15 PM PDT

Hi All,  I am a newbie to this site and also to adding LED lights to my new trike.  Can anyone advise me regarding the purchase of LED's.  Of course, there are some on Amazon at a good price and others on many bike sites.  Seems that the controversy is those made in China vs elsewhere.  I am thinking of placing 3 pods on each side at the engine, some under the bike and a strip below the trunk area. Any and all comments, pro or con would be helpful.  Thanks.

• August 24, 2016 3:52 PM PDT

HI plumnuts check out the KURYAKAN lizard light kits or super lizard kit i have installed many of these kits an they work an perform awesome there is a cheap kit called pod lights what i have found with these kits the wires are flimsy an tend to break where the lizard kits have a thicker wire an the backing tape is better aswell plus the lizard kits lets you start with a base kit an can add as you want just plug an play I have the super lizard kit on my personal bikes with all the colors it also comes with a fader an strobe sitting you might want to check local police on light laws they frown on strobing blue lights at night in bama but i love screwing with the cagers at night

• 19031 posts
    August 25, 2016 5:18 AM PDT

You can find more info by searching forum topics then reading the posts there. 

• 1 posts
    August 25, 2016 5:44 AM PDT

well personally i suggest a do it yourself kit.     i got my lights from Summit in Spools of 25'

& now have over 163 ft of LED lights   lighting up the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3pqZafxIw

• 58 posts
    September 5, 2016 7:15 AM PDT

If you are going to ride with them on, check local laws.  In TX we can now run with themon but they have to be white to be legal.  I haven't heard of anyone being hassled about colored lights tho.