This is what I have been working on

• 10 posts
    March 28, 2016 10:56 AM PDT
    I picked this up cheap near Christmas. Towed it home from Holland, MI. Every chance I get I have been fixing rust, welding   new metal, new LED lights etc

Had to lift it up to pull the trailer out from under it.
    • 10 posts
    March 28, 2016 11:01 AM PDT
     Now it sits like this while I work on it.

• March 28, 2016 11:47 AM PDT
    NEW Service Bed for truck be sweet a place for all your tools !
    • 19004 posts
    March 29, 2016 1:15 AM PDT
    Nice
    • 16795 posts
    March 29, 2016 8:22 AM PDT
    COOL!
    • 611 posts
    May 16, 2016 8:08 AM PDT
    OK Panhead, time for some new pics on the service bed. You gonna make it into a trailer or drop it on a truck frame? Whatever ya do with it... curious to see it!
    Edgeman
    • 10 posts
    May 17, 2016 1:25 AM PDT
    I could not work on it outside so I dragged it in the garage. I found a model number on the body. Then I re-checked the measurements and looked it up online. When I measured it at night in the snow, it was the right size. In reality, it is a 60" cab to axle body. Online shows this includes the 3" space between the cab and body.  My truck needs a 56" cab to axle body. For the price, I couldn't find what I needed. I had to decide to scrap it or make it work.

So .......
    I cut 4" off the length of the body. Welded it back together.

Still have to:
    Replace the pans at the bottom of the boxes.
    Replace rusted bottoms of the doors.
    Replaced all lighting with LED lights.
    Replace all door handles with stainless handles.
    Plan on painting it a darker color instead of trying to match the paint.
    Replace bottom door skins and cab corners.
    Darker paint will continue on cab at bottom and over front fender flares.

• May 17, 2016 1:59 PM PDT
    Good looking dually. Can't wait to see the finished product.
    • 10 posts
    August 4, 2016 6:09 PM PDT

Had to stop work on the bed. With help of a diesel tech, we removed motor to change the oil pan and fix leaks. Motor is back in the frame. Put new doors on the truck body. Next project is a 74 CJ6. You can see the body on it's side behind the radiators.

This post was edited by panheadgeorge at August 4, 2016 6:13 PM PDT
    • 10 posts
    August 4, 2016 6:12 PM PDT

• 10 posts
    February 10, 2017 8:09 PM PST

Finally put the truck bed on the truck.

• 10 posts
    February 10, 2017 8:18 PM PST

Now I can change the sprocket on the pan.            And put the jeep together.

This post was edited by panheadgeorge at February 10, 2017 8:39 PM PST
    • 19004 posts
    February 11, 2017 3:19 AM PST

Jeep, did you say Jeep? Cool! I recently picked up this '86 CJ7. It sat in the desert here for over three years. Needs lots of little things and with it's solid frame, very good body, and good running gear it will be a fun project. With a little coaxing, I was able to start it and drive it home. 

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at February 11, 2017 8:28 AM PST
  • February 11, 2017 5:31 AM PST

[blockquote]RexTheRoadDog said:

Jeep, did you say Jeep? Cool! I recently picked up this '86 CJ7. It sat in the desert here for over three years. Needs lots of little things and with it's solid frame, very good body, and good running gear it will be a fun project. With a little coaxing, I was able to start it and drive it home. 

[/blockquote]

Looks like exactly the ride you need for where you live. Enjoy.

Night Dragon

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at February 11, 2017 8:27 AM PST
    • 16795 posts
    February 11, 2017 9:14 AM PST

[/blockquote]

That is what is nice about down that way no salt rotting vehicles out.

A couple of weeks ago I traded in my poor old rotted out 2002 Sport Trac for a 2014 Equinox with only 13,000 miles on it.

• 19004 posts
    February 12, 2017 5:56 AM PST

No Salt, minimal rain and low humidity are some of the reasons I chose this area to retire to.

• 16795 posts
    February 12, 2017 12:51 PM PST

Good Choice :-)

• February 13, 2017 3:26 AM PST

Mike what is the closest town for supplies. I'm still tryinf to pin point exactly where ya located?

ND 

• 19004 posts
    February 13, 2017 5:57 AM PST

The arrow points to it. Seven miles from Mexico as the crow flies. Closest town for limited shopping is Alpine, 80 miles from my door. We use Amazon Prime a lot. On a first name basis with our UPS driver and every couple months make an overnight run to El Paso (295 miles) for Big Store shopping. West Texas roads with speeds of 70 - 75 and no traffic light make travelling fairly quick.

This post was edited by RexTheRoadDog at February 13, 2017 5:57 AM PST
  • February 13, 2017 6:21 AM PST

The arrow points to it. Seven miles from Mexico as the crow flies. Closest town for limited shopping is Alpine, 80 miles from my door. We use Amazon Prime a lot. On a first name basis with our UPS driver and every couple months make an overnight run to El Paso (295 miles) for Big Store shopping. West Texas roads with speeds of 70 - 75 and no traffic light make travelling fairly quick.

Holly Smokes I had NO idea you were that far west. Talking about being off the grid!

Mike it takes a special Lady to endure that kind of isolation with a man. Brother you are Blessed big time.

Be safe and enjoy life!

Night Dragon

[/blockquote]