Starter Clutch Replacement on 2008 SG

• March 19, 2016 9:37 AM PDT
    What's up everybody! I'd like some advice on the purchase of a new starter clutch for my solenoid on my 2008 SG. As of this time and date I have the starter/solenoid assy removed from the bike complete with the starter clutch removed from the solenoid. I've been told that I need to purchase a new part, yet upon inspecting it nothing 'looks' wrong - no galled teeth, abrasions or heat marks..... Will cleaning it then re-installing the part.... correct that 'whining' sound when I attempt to start the engine - if I should take that course of action - or should purchase the new part? JPcyles has many parts for sale, and many different prices as well. I can't determine what makes one part sell higher than another.... Reviews I've read state that they all work well...and that's no help at all regarding pricing... Any help is appreciated! thanks Dave
  • March 19, 2016 11:01 AM PDT
    Dave clean an inspected again most likely the teeth have some wear, I would replace JP cycles have good parts I'd go with hi compression starter clutch Harley needs a faster spin so spend a little extra$ an always start your bike in N it a lot easier on the Starter Clutch hope this helps B safe