Northeastern Oklahoma....

• March 6, 2016 2:05 PM PST
     Hi, I'm new here!

I bought a motorcycle last fall and LOVE riding!!!

But..... I have no friends that ride!!

Does anyone have ideas on how to find riding buddies in the Tulsa area?
    I receive emails for the downed bikers association meetings but wasn't sure if membership was required to attend.

Maybe any forums, websites, events... I'm open to anything.

• March 6, 2016 4:33 PM PST
    To start off, congratulations on making the plunge. Many want to but only a few do what you have done. I would start off by Googling your area on local Poker Runs. An excellent way of meeting local riders. Facebook too. You look young so your local American Legion is probably out of the question but, you have picked a great place here to start your journey of making new friends and riding. I have a few friends that are girl riders that did just what you have done I will go ask them your question. I will get back to you. Keep the rubber side down till we talk again. What kind of Bike did you get?  http://www.sparksamericacampgrounds.com/  Ask for Tony.
  • March 6, 2016 4:42 PM PST
    • 57 posts
    March 6, 2016 8:36 PM PST
    Hey Jen, Welcome to CF from N/E Illinois Have you tried the Events area of this forum to see what's happening in the Tulsa area,or stop in your local Harley shop and ask because they always have events planned year round.Good Luck Be Safe
    • 19034 posts
    March 6, 2016 8:39 PM PST
    Welcome from the At-Large member (currently in Terlingua, TX) to the Best Damned Family Friendly Biker site on the entire web. And as others have said before me...look here at the events page for those in your area, go to cycle shops and read their BBs, Ride safe
  • March 6, 2016 10:05 PM PST
    Thanks everyone! It took me a few minutes to figure out how to navigate the site, but I did check out the events. There are a few things that I want to check out in the coming months. They have some fun things going on.

Poker runs!! Didn't think of that. I'll give it a shot.

@oohdale, I have a Ridley auto glide. It's my first bike. I'm looking now for another but haven't decided what I want next!

I appreciate your replies!
    • 16825 posts
    March 8, 2016 7:20 AM PST
    Hello from the warm Lake Erie shores of Pennsylvania.
  • March 18, 2016 3:14 AM PDT
     Welcome from Northeast Florida! Hope you are about to enjoy riding weather. What ever brand of bike you have google chapters in your area to see if any are available, many national chapters have local chapters to join. Join forums and blogs, check out and share my blog at MotorcycleSources.com. Search Facebook and Twitter as well as many groups are listed there .  RIDE SAFE AND RIDE OFTEN !!