Should a been a cowboy

• 1855 posts
    July 3, 2015 5:01 AM PDT

Well we did it. There's no turning back now since we signed our home over this morning to its new owner. End of discussion but this place sure has been a wonderful home for us. Carol and I worked a few years in long hot days and hours on our curb appeal to keep it maintenance free so we could ride.

And ride we did, upwards of 50K miles together; from the St. Lawrence Seaway through the Adirondacks to the Poconos to the coast of Maine to Key West to Yellow Stone to Michigan's UP to the Smoky Mountains, to the Outer Banks, to the Ozarks, to the Gulf Coast, to New Orleans, to Sturgis and so many wonderful places in between.

Our history of riding found us with eyes of wonder as we blessed those who fought for our faith and our freedom by traveling America each year over the 4th of July. And this year, this 4th of July, marks the end of one adventure and the beginning of another.

I wish I could say I'm as excited for the future of America as much as I am for the two of us. But for this part of our lives, in this TWILIGHT OF AGE, we no longer have the time, the inclination, nor even the voice to resist the internal enemies of our great country. As my friends in the United Kingdom say, "Poke 'em in the eye".

......................I'll bet you never heard ol' Marshall Dillon say,"Miss Kitty, have you ever thought of runnin' away?"

So here we go; two in the saddle with our pistols on our hips, riding away. "Should'a been a cowboy!!!!!!!!!!"

• 19007 posts
    July 3, 2015 10:27 PM PDT
    Said Red Molly to James that's a fine motorbike
    A girl could feel special on any such like
    Said James to Red Molly, my hat's off to you
    It's a Vincent Black Lightning, 1952
    And I've seen you at the corners and cafes it seems
    Red hair and black leather, my favourite colour scheme
    And he pulled her on behind
    And down to Alabama they did ride
    • 1855 posts
    July 4, 2015 6:44 AM PDT

Yessir!!! 

Peace
    • 57 posts
    July 4, 2015 10:56 PM PDT
    He also says I'm as good Once as I ever was,

and Peace to you
    • 611 posts
    July 5, 2015 8:02 AM PDT
    May good fortune smile upon you and your Lady, in this new adventure that has begun.
    Edge
    • 1 posts
    July 13, 2015 5:36 AM PDT
    Well congrats on the new exciting adventure of you and your ladies twilight years, enjoy it! I have tried to talk the Wooly man into selling every thing but two bikes, two or four guns and riding off into the sunset. He is far more traditional then me and says "one day maybe"… Me I say why waste life on the possibility of tomorrow that may not happen. But then again if he did not reel me in who knows where we would be? Probably riding bikes on some back road that I had never seen before.
    As for the cowboy part… YEA HAW! I say go cowboy go! I would like to think I would have been Annie Oakley, but she is a slightly better shot then me. ; D
    • 1855 posts
    July 13, 2015 11:24 PM PDT
    We closed on the new place in Lillian, Alabama. Damn it's hot but we just love it. Thanks for all the well wishes. Hunter.......be seeing you

Peace
    • 19007 posts
    July 15, 2015 11:46 PM PDT

• 3006 posts
    July 18, 2015 4:40 PM PDT
    Sounds like you have made a great move & Looks like a great area to put some miles in the saddle !!!
    Stay safe & enjoy the ride!!!

• 57 posts
    July 26, 2015 7:46 AM PDT
    Hey thats great news, hope the move went well and you are all settled in by now.we are just getting home from a ride in Canada where finding cell and wi-fi service was quite a challenge. wishing you both the best and we'll look you up next time we're down.