Looked at 2015 Untra Classic LOW Model

• May 13, 2015 2:35 AM PDT
     I went to a Harley Dealer yesterday. I finally found one that I can get my short  legs over.  (I am short around 5'7".)
    I am due to go back for a test drive in the next couple of days. (While I am on vacation)
    I ride a wing now so this will be my first Harley.

The bike already has pretty much everything I would want on it. (I know I will not be able to resist the bling that usually follows haha.)
    I am looking at the model that has the enhanced audio and nav package.

I really like what they have done on the newer bikes. I am interested in anything I should look out for or questions to ask before buying.
    Note: I do know about the clutch system recall but HD already knows what caused that and have taken steps to correct it so at this point I am not too concerned about that. At least HD stepped up to the plate and took action.

• 19007 posts
    May 13, 2015 2:43 AM PDT
     Cool!  I have a similar problem (5'8"and have been on Rex (04 King) since He was new. I did have it lowered 1 1/2" front and back, and put a Mustang seat on to give me flat footed sitting. Go For It... But I have to ask, You ride a Wing? I thought they were all very high seating.
  • May 13, 2015 4:30 AM PDT
    Actually the wing is a little bit lower that and regular ultra classic HD. The wing for me is not a complete flat-foot but almost. The LOW HD was a very comfortable flat-foot with plenty to spare. Much easier to walk it backwards when you need to. I did try that. The wing and the LOW HD are close the the same wet weight. The LOW HD took even less effort for me to bring it from the stand up to center.
    • 57 posts
    May 15, 2015 1:03 AM PDT
    Geezer,Before you sign the dotted line I think you should go rent one for the day or weekend and put some miles on it to see what you like and don't like,money well spent.
    Good Luck
    • 10 posts
    May 15, 2015 1:11 AM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    Geezer,Before you sign the dotted line I think you should go rent one for the day or weekend and put some miles on it to see what you like and don't like,money well spent.
    Good Luck

Very good idea................

• 1 posts
    May 15, 2015 1:17 AM PDT
    I seated my very short legs on one of these also, I picked it up from the kick stand and it felt like my Submarine (07 Streetglide). The thing that keeps me from ever having an Ultra is the top heavy weight. I am 5'2" with my big girl boots on, so leaning in a curve ( the funniest part of riding IMHO) is very important and have always thought that the added weight above me would be my down fall literally. I like Hunters advice rent one for a weekend and see how you like it.
    • 3006 posts
    May 16, 2015 6:05 PM PDT
    The longer the test ride the better, before I purchased mine the dealer tossed me the keys and gave me a ten spot to fill her up. Asked me to be back before he closed up shop. Took her out for about an hours ride,jumped on the freeway for a short hop.Came back and we stayed late closing the deal,talked him down a bit.
    One reason I purchased the VTX1300 was the low saddle height,and it's low center of gravity when riding it. The other models I liked were too high in the saddle.only 5.9" here.