oil line routing

• May 10, 2015 12:23 PM PDT
    need help with correct routing of top 2 oil lines witch one is vent and return ?
    • 19031 posts
    May 11, 2015 1:58 AM PDT
     Tough to see for sure in your image post but this might be what you need...It appears from this schematic it doesn't matter. but I would wait for the experts to reply
    • 10 posts
    May 11, 2015 3:06 AM PDT
    I don't know what year your bike is.
    This is an oil pump on a 1981 shovelhead. It has more connections and the primary case vents to the tank. As long as the tank tubing you connect to does not go down in the oil, it doesn't make a difference which tube you use for a vent. ... Just as Road Dog said.
  • May 12, 2015 12:58 PM PDT
    thanks for input guess what i wanted 2 know was the vent and return on top tank can they or does matter what side hook up on if one like return sits submerged in oil i hook vent to it it not gonna work very well only other way guess be test with another hose see blows air or blows bubbles its a 98 evo motor
    • 10 posts
    May 12, 2015 1:14 PM PDT
    Vent is to atmospheric pressure. Therefore, do not submerge the line you want to vent.

My pan's vent into oil tank, spits oil but not continuously. Also a pan has low oil pressure.
    • 1 posts
    June 7, 2020 4:28 PM PDT
    How do I block off the front chain oiler hose, on a 1984 Harley Davidson FLTC that goes into the primary case. And just add oil to the primary.
    This post was edited by BigIronBrian at June 7, 2020 4:33 PM PDT