Seat Options - FLSTC / Predator Seat

• March 2, 2015 4:25 AM PST
    I own a heavily customized 1994 Heritage (FLSTC) and I am looking for a decent seat option that is good for me and my lady. I have found the Drag Specialties Predator seat, but I am afraid it will take away from my smooth fat rear fender.

Does anyone have experience with an editing software that can show me what this seat will look like on my bike?
    • 1855 posts
    March 2, 2015 6:48 AM PST
    I don't think appearance is the issue with the Predator seat.  I'd be more concerned about your "lady's" comfort. For short runs she may be comfortable but I don't think that after a long run she'll want to ride with you much.  Just my opinion but here's a pic of the two up model from drag specialties.

http://seats.dragspecialties.com/products/?productId=89962&yr=1994&mk=31&md=14589 />

• 19046 posts
    March 2, 2015 10:27 PM PST
    That is def not going to be comfortable for any ride over a couple hours.
    • 16837 posts
    March 3, 2015 3:10 AM PST
    Sometimes on a custom application it's better and sometimes cheaper to make the seat pan that fits perfectly yourself (with room for the tight weave carpet buffer between bike and seat). And have a auto upholsterer do the seat just the way you want (Be sure you have all the drilling, welding and other metal work don first).
  • March 3, 2015 4:21 AM PST
    I like the 2 up option from Drag, I guess the only difference is the other tappers off while the 2 up maintains its cushion. I am reworking the solo seat because I'm not really in love with the white leather and I only plan on using the 2 up when I know I'll have the wife with me... any other time I'm riding solo!