Follow up to "Down but thankful"

• 1855 posts
    December 13, 2014 3:48 AM PST
    Arthroscopic outpatient surgery on my right knee is scheduled for Xma Eve day.  Simple 20 minute surgery to relieve the pain from torn miniscus.  Whodda thunk it?   And no, the VA didn't come through.   Left knee replacement in January and then I'll be good to go.  Gypsy is almost healed as well so all things positive.

Peace
    • 16822 posts
    December 13, 2014 6:08 AM PST
    I'm glad to see positive progress.
    I don't even deal with the VA anymore, fortunately I retired with a decent insurance plan that covers my wife and I.
    Deb just had a new spinal cord stimulator unit surgically implanted a week ago Thursday.
    • 1855 posts
    December 13, 2014 6:23 AM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    I don't even deal with the VA anymore, fortunately I retired with a decent insurance plan that covers my wife and I.
    Deb just had a new spinal cord stimulator unit surgically implanted a week ago Thursday.

An implant eh?  Is it going to be a permanent thing?  Gypsy has a similar device with pads that adhere to her back, hooked up to the stimulator she carries in her pocket. 

Peace

• 16822 posts
    December 13, 2014 5:09 PM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

An implant eh?  Is it going to be a permanent thing?  Gypsy has a similar device with pads that adhere to her back, hooked up to the stimulator she carries in her pocket. 

Peace

Yes permanent, they replaced the older model with a newer one.
    http://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/products/spinal-cord-stimulator-systems/precision_spectra.html
    • 3006 posts
    December 14, 2014 4:00 AM PST
    Hope everything goes great & you have a good holiday.
    Sounds like they know what to do for it.Stay positive.
    • 1 posts
    December 14, 2014 4:44 PM PST
    Wow on Christmas day… well I am thinking it is a good gift. Healing vibes