National-Motorcycle-Riders-Memorial-NMRM

• July 18, 2014 5:11 AM PDT
    This is something I have been involved with for a few years along with a lot of really good dedicated riders. Steve Humphrey out of Steptoe Washington had the idea to memorialize fallen riders at his ranch. So on a peaceful hillside across the creek is the old site.  It has gotten larger as we get lder realizing the need for something like this at a National level so came the Idea of the National Motorcycle Riders Memorial.  It has taken years of searching for and finding a place for this to happen.  We found it,  The Shelton Wayside Park, is located outside of Fossil Oregon on Highway 19.  It has always been a memorial site, and in control of the Territory of Oregon then the State of Oregon. The Park has about 2 miles of the old Highway running through it.  This is the windy old road that still has blacktop and old faded lines.  We are dedicating these soon to be hallowed grounds on August 1-3 2014.  There is camping on site ,  It is already a County Park with camp sites large enough for motorhomes and stretched out the length of the park on a separate gravel road.  Camping is 7.00 a night any night for the dedication it is 15 for the weekend.  Friday is arrival and set up with live music. Saturday Morning  Dedication ceremonies around 10 am. Saturday afternoon Groundbreaking  followed by live music. Sunday Morning Blessing of the ground by Motorcycle Ministries. There will be Food on site, come and check it out.  I know this is my spot I and my wife have already bought our brick for the wall. I posted the dedication on the events calendar on this site.  If you have questions call 971 237 3313 Kraig