Bikes Providing Therapy to Veterans

• June 6, 2014 7:17 AM PDT
    I saw this information this morning and wanted to put it out there for Everyone.

As seasoned bikers know, there is no greater place to find solace than on the open road. Whatever else may be going on in your life, you know that on your bike, if only for a short time, problems disappear. 

Now, in an alternative to prescription drugs and government programs, one project run by former members of the military, is using motorcycles as therapy. 

John Cloutier and Aaron Perry of the V-Twin Project are giving away motorcycles to deserving veterans and improving mental health in the process. 

This is great idea and one that makes perfect sense. When you’re out on the bike you think of nothing else but the road – it’s meditation for thrill seekers. 
    • 1161 posts
    June 7, 2014 11:53 AM PDT
    Very Cool idea!
  • June 8, 2014 1:20 AM PDT
    I love the idea...great cause
    Night Dragon
    • 1855 posts
    June 8, 2014 6:49 AM PDT
    Who/how do they decide who is deserving. I guess I need to find a link with a bit more infor.

Peace
  • June 8, 2014 7:48 AM PDT
    Googled the project name and found this link: http://www.vtwinproject.org/ />
    I saw the news about them giving away the first bike today, June 8th, 2014.

I sure hope it helps as I've unloaded my share of mental trash over the years behind the handle bars.

D-

• 284 posts
    June 26, 2014 10:29 AM PDT
    Wow Great idea I wish when I first started gettin therapy they had something besides pills.