HID Headlights

• May 4, 2014 9:33 AM PDT
    I have been looking for an HID kit for my 05 Heritage, not an LED. I can piece together the stuff but I want to make sure I get everything the 1st time and do it right. Has anyone done an HID on their bike? I would like to do the headlight and the fog lights. Thanks for any help! 
    • 57 posts
    May 4, 2014 10:01 PM PDT
    Some of our friends have gotten entire kits for their bikes from motorcyclehidlights.com and customer service was helpful,my biggest dislike of HID lighting is that the intense blue light reflects back at you when driving in fog or really high humidity,hope they can help you.
    • 284 posts
    May 6, 2014 8:39 PM PDT
    I did the LED main and 4" side lights and let me say the LED cuts thru the early morning fog and haze like nothing I have ever seen before. Crisp white light. That blue HID did not float my boat. Lots of sites have the light kits.

Good luck with it.
  • May 7, 2014 9:02 AM PDT
    Thanks all, think I will try the LED then and see how that goes before I convert to HID.
  • March 12, 2015 6:39 AM PDT
    I have an LED headlight with integrated turn signals, by far the best lighting I've ever had on a bike!
    • 1161 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:42 PM PDT
    I just ordered a set of LED turn signals from these guys. Looking at LED tail light and HID headlight soon to come.

http://www.motorcyclehidlights.com/
  • October 18, 2015 9:23 AM PDT
    The blue tint folks are speaking of is the properties of a headlights temperature color not whether it is a HID or LED. I have installed a HID system on my bike which has a color temperature of 5000k which delivers a crisp true white light without any blue tint whatsoever.