It's OK to Brag

• April 3, 2014 4:20 AM PDT
    Seems like the older ya get the more you understand life just will not last forever, and maybe there are things that should have been said to love ones, that you just kept putting off. Well I would like to take just a minute to brag about my Son, not that he's a member of the Cycle Fish Family, and won't know about it, but I just feel the need to express how I feel to people that I've know for a while.
    Born in 1976 my son at an early age showed insterest for the love of airplanes and would always stop playing and watch as they flew over. When he was 3 years we went to Texas (from California) to visit my parents. My Dad at the time was flying a V-tail Bonaza, and took myself and my son up for a flight over Texas. That was the day that little Guy really got hooked on Flying setting in Paw Paw's lap.
    As the years pased he decided Heliocopters was his thing and started taking flying lessions. He was working full time at night as a Security Officer, going to College, and taking flying lessions during the day. For a while it was just him and his wife and they both were working, and then along came a little Angel, and his Wife stayed at home to take care of the new arrival. Things were starting to stress him out finically, as he was the only paycheck in the family. He would call me from  time to time and want to quit his lessions because he couldn't afford them, and about all I could ever say was......Just remember never get to a point in your life where you say "I wish I had Of...." I kept telling him he was born with tail feathers and this was his calliing. Well as it turned out he hung in there and received his priviate license, then his instrument rating, but he however was not just going to stop there, and  received his Instructor Pilot's License as well. Now he believed he was on easy street, but found finding a flying job was very hard. The first question asked when applying for a flying job is ....How many flight hours do you have.
    I have never seen a person want something so bad, and it was just out of reach. 
    Let me tell you something when God has a plan for you nothing can stop it. Of course he was all over the internet looking for jobs, contacting any and everyone he could.
    About 3 weeks ago he received a offer for a flying job with a company that does photo flights out over lakes and oceans to photograph peoples boats. Way to hang in there Son.

Scott my son I am so proud of you, and you need to know you are my hero of all times.
    I love you son, and remember......Never Look Back!

I would love to see other people brag about someone they love or admire. It just makes ya feel good
    Be safe
    Night Dragon

• 1516 posts
    April 3, 2014 4:57 AM PDT
    This is my beautiful baby girl (the one in the middle).. ok she isn't a baby and not even my youngest.. but I love her more than life! and I don't know how she got those beads.. couldn't have been from me!!
  • April 3, 2014 5:04 AM PDT
    Debra Jo you should be very proud.....what a wonderful looking family.
    You are truly blessed
    Night Dragon
  • April 3, 2014 6:21 AM PDT
    Here is a picture of me and my 3 boys. About a month ago they told me they wanted to move back to IL. We have only lived in WV about 7 months. I guess they just missed all thier buddies. I do miss them. With that being said, All I ever want is the best for them. Boys dad loves you.......
  • April 3, 2014 9:38 AM PDT
    CallBack wrote...
    Here is a picture of me and my 3 boys. About a month ago they told me they wanted to move back to IL. We have only lived in WV about 7 months. I guess they just missed all thier buddies. I do miss them. With that being said, All I ever want is the best for them. Boys dad loves you.......

Good looking gang ya got there CallBack
    Thanks for your response
    Night Dragon

• April 3, 2014 1:39 PM PDT
    The Mrs. with our first grandaughter Kaylee