Daytona? Iz ya, or ain't ya, gonna make it this year???

• 9 posts
    February 8, 2014 2:27 AM PST

This'll be the third year, I've asked, this question, but what the heck.  Everyone's schedules are apt to change, RIGHT??? lol  

Are you planning on comin' down?  I'd like to plan ahead (albeit, only 4 weeks, to plan)  I won't be able to stay, unless someone, has a campsite, already booked.  Looks like day trips, but...I may rent a ride this year!!!  Lookin' into that. 

Came close to having a bike "donated", a couple weeks back, but that turned out to be a SCAM, and it broke my heart, once again.  I will wait upon the Lord, as leaning on my own understanding, doesn't always work out so well...lol  It was another good lesson for me, and I learn my lessons well.  

Even if Ya'll ain't making the trip, stop by and leave a comment, about how you are, and what any future plans may be.  Such as, anyone planning on the 2nd (and now Annual 2 Million Bikes to D.C.)?  

So many questions...I can't wait to get caught back up, with YA'LL!!!  

Ride Free  
    Tweek

• 9 posts
    February 8, 2014 12:17 PM PST
    Don't everbody jump in at once now...lol
    Sheesh. Ya'll gone "shy" on the Tweek?

JUST KIDDING!
    Like, you hang 'round all day, just to comment on the formerly missing in action posters...lmbo

Ride Free
    Stay Warm-SPRING IS COMIN'!!!
    Tweek
    • 284 posts
    February 8, 2014 6:25 PM PST
    Been there done that years ago. After 3 bike weeks, or rallies when I was younger, I have no interest to do another one. Bunch of over aged drunks trying to relive their childhood. Ugly women showing their boobs, the good lookin ones with class leave their shirts on. Over priced, crowded, smelly, and more.

I would rather take a ride to some place interesting, and have a nice peaceful time.

Swap meets I like. People lookin for new and innovative stuff for their bikes.

So the answer is no. Even if they provided a all expense paid time there.

But ya'll goin have a great time, enjoy yourselves. Be safe and ride smart.
    • 1855 posts
    February 9, 2014 4:13 AM PST
      Not really interested anymore.  I've been to just about every old rally in the country and yep, they do get old.  Besides, I'm gonna be having back surgery here real soon and I don't know if I'll be going any where for a couple of months.  Which is fine cuz I don't think the snow is gonna melt around here until April anyway.

Peace
    • 9 posts
    February 9, 2014 7:15 AM PST
    Well....we ARE gettin' on, aren't we? I don't much cotton to the "main street" crowds, so much anymore, myself.
    I do make one stop, at Froggy's and another at Boot Hill. Cause I always run into SOMEONE I know. But, other an that, I like to ride on the fringe meself, while there. Biketoberfest, is better, as far as crowds and such, is concerned.

I make runs to most of the out-lying areas, now, more to see if, I can stir up some Street Church action.
    I'm not a pamphlet pusher, nor do I stand on a soap-box. I just talk to people. If they're interested, right on,
    if not, I mosey. God knows where to send me. I just pray the Momma-Mini will make the trip this year,
    OR, I find enough "collateral" to rent a bike.

One way or the other, I'd still like to go. So, lemme know, Ya'll. K?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    February 9, 2014 11:15 AM PST

God rest his sole; my brother King Bob.  This was the last time I was in Daytona and his last day as well.

• February 10, 2014 4:03 AM PST
    Having just moved to East Coast from California, I've never been to Daytona, or east of Texas actually...haha...but my cousin here goes, so he's already got the timeshare booked down nearby. We'll be staying there for the week, short ride from the room into Daytona. I'm sure you'll find something that works out...where there's a will, there's a way...maybe I'll see ya down there..
  • February 10, 2014 12:32 PM PST
    I am going. It will be my first time. I can't wait.
  • February 11, 2014 5:24 PM PST
    I will be there! Going down for two weeks. Leaving Feb 28 and staying on Ormand Beach. Boothill every night seems to be where we meet and then go from there. Condo is about two miles from Main Street Daytona.
    • 844 posts
    February 12, 2014 2:53 AM PST
    Wish I could go this year, but I spent all my money on my new bike so it looks like I will have to save up for another year!