Hello to All the Texans!

• 11 posts
    November 27, 2013 12:35 AM PST
    I drove into Arlington, TX from my home/farm in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns in NC on this past Sat. around noon.  Today, I'm headed to visit folks somewhere a little southwest of Austin & am spending Thanksgiving day with them. On Friday, I'm going a little SW to the Rennaisance Fest. in Houston (camping at it, too, in my Rav4).  I'm having a wonderful time in this Huge state. I am will start my trip back East on this coming Sunday & Monday. I still would very much  like to find a Campground/RV/Motorcycle/Horse Camp host position for about 1-2 months this winter somewhere in the Southern areas, (hopefully to begin immediately, after Christmas day), I'm also a RN. Have a wonderful & Blessed Thanksgiving all!
  • November 27, 2013 1:21 AM PST
    Hello to you all! Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
    • 844 posts
    November 27, 2013 3:06 AM PST
    Glad you made it down here to our great state. Hope you enjoy it while you are here!
  • November 27, 2013 11:34 AM PST
    If you head towards the Luckenbach area they have a several camp ground areas within walking distance.Don't know if thats far enough south for you.Hope everybody has been treating you well on your visit.
    • 19052 posts
    November 28, 2013 12:07 AM PST
    Do a google search, there are several sites that you can check out for those jobs.

For Example...

• November 30, 2013 12:43 AM PST
    Well being a transplanted Texan from Arlington Texas just want to wish from, Pigeon Forge Tennessee, everyone a happy Holiday Season. We had snow on the Mountains for Thanksgiving, which added a nice touch to the day.
    Everyone please be safe and enjoy the season with family and friends.
    Only thing left to say is..........."How About Them Cowboys"!!!!!!!
    Dragon
  • December 1, 2013 8:26 AM PST
    Greetings from just North of Houston. You will like the Renascence Festival it's a good time.

JimmyK
    • 11 posts
    December 4, 2013 5:42 AM PST
    I, absolutely, loved all of Texas & the Renn. Faire in Plantersville, TX. I'm a runner & found the coolest canyon in Dripping Springs while on an off-road run last week on Thanksgiving day. I also found out that is the largest Renn. Faire in all of the USA is the one near Houston.
    Thanks to BlackTopGypsy & RexTheRoadDog for info on working at campgrounds. I also passed a few while driving from the Austin area to the Northern Houston area for the Renn. Faire that I plan on contacting.