Thinking about doing some traveling/temp. work in Dallas/Houston

• 11 posts
    November 2, 2013 7:29 AM PDT
    HI, all. I'm wanting to do some sightseeing of a sorts & meet new folks. I'm thinking of trying to do a temporary re-location to some place near Dallas or Houston or halfway in between where I might have best luck at picking up some temporary work, like live-in sitting/childcare/eldercare. I am a nurse-midwife and I really do NOT want to be doing midwifery work while on the this traveling break of a sort. Please, I'm open to suggestions of towns that I should look into near  Dallas or Houston or in between. I would not be doing this until January of 2014. I would be traveling in my Rav4 & would, occasionally, stay in it on campsites. But, would be looking for a temporary employment situation, right away, too. Performing Volunteer work/Campground/RV Host work is totally, fine, too, if anyone Can Suggest some to check out.  It would need to be a camp that has a camper/RV/trailer available for me to reside in. Thanks
    • 11 posts
    November 2, 2013 7:45 AM PDT
    P.S. I will also consider staying up to 3 months
    • 57 posts
    November 3, 2013 6:33 AM PST
    Wow, Thats quite a big step wish i knew someone to help, Best of Luck stay safe.
    • 9 posts
    November 3, 2013 11:18 AM PST
    IF, GOD, has laid this travel on your heart, babygirl, then you must TRUST HIM, to find the way...
    I've had to learn this, more than the hard way. As much as we might want folks to help out, that just ain't the way it works, for the most part.

I know you have a good heart, and so does GOD. So...let go.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 834 posts
    November 3, 2013 2:50 PM PST
    I think asking friends to help out is always a good thing. So many good things in my life I can attribute to good friends.

Sounds like a fun adventure and I hope everything works out for you. You may want to contact GoFur. He has lived in both Dallas and Houston for a long time. He don't get on here all that often lately, but he normally responds to PMs
    • 11 posts
    November 14, 2013 12:27 AM PST
    Thanks Tweek, AzRider & Hunter55! I have seen GoFur on here in the past year; I'll PM him.
    • 11 posts
    November 14, 2013 12:39 AM PST
    <"Hunter55 wrote...
    "Wow, Thats quite a big step wish i knew someone to help, Best of Luck stay safe">.

Ahh, that's nothing, I drove  into Tijuana, Mexico on a medical mission trip alone for 3 weeks in Jan. 2003 & met the Christian midwife whom I stayed with with only a sign saying "North Carolina midwife looking for Angelina *******"
    Whichever of us was available to go & render medical assistance when the knock came, she or I or both of us went into those deep ruts & canyons. No one informed me of the Huge dangers I could have faced until I returned and I was doing presentations. I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord & many angels were on my shoulders!

• 57 posts
    November 14, 2013 4:17 AM PST
    Karen,Im sure your Faith and Life experiences have been extremely rewarding in many ways and the next chapter in your life will be as well,truly Best Wishes and Respect