My Yahama V Star 1100 wont start?

• June 28, 2013 11:08 AM PDT
    Friday after a long winter of sitting I was able to get to the storage unit to get me bike out. I just knew the battery would be dead it was. Jumped it and the bike ran ruff. I seen this before every year getting the bike ready for summer. Well I just knew it was the battery so i went and bought a new one slow charged it Sat. Night and Sunday it had a full charge 13.6 v. Had my son drive me to the storage locker. put the battery in and poof no lights on the control panel. seen the odometer on horn worked right turn single works left did not headlight did not. Also no start no click no nothing. took battery back out put back in same took jumper cables to it same thing. No corroded electrical connections. I Checked the old Battery Had a bad cell that's why i bought a new one. It Started up Friday with a jump when i went to pick it up. But was running ruff. That's why I did not bring it home. I put fresh high Oct. gas in still ran ruff. But now wont do anything but like i said what works on it. should have been no change all i did was push it back in to the storage unit take battery out. That's it dash lights were on.  Can some one help me out
  • June 28, 2013 12:09 PM PDT
    Fuses? Possibly a loose wire. Sometimes you do get a bad battery, take it to the parts store and have it checked on their machine. How are the wires on the back of the ignition? good luck!!
  • June 28, 2013 3:05 PM PDT
    Sounds like a ground problem to me
  • June 28, 2013 3:31 PM PDT
    May sound silly. But, kickstand up and bike in neutral?
  • June 28, 2013 3:36 PM PDT
    I'm thinking fuses may be blown, or a bad battery.
  • June 28, 2013 11:28 PM PDT
    The Battery is good. The Kick stand is up and in Neutral. Like I said it was fine Friday just running ruff with a jump. I just backed it up and took out Battery. Put the new one in Monday. Now only the right turn single and horn and Odometer come on. It is acting like it is in gear with the oil and neutral lights off but its not.
  • July 5, 2013 9:01 AM PDT
    Neutral safety switch sounds like.
    • 3006 posts
    July 5, 2013 4:34 PM PDT
    My first thought was check your starter button I believe it may have gotten gummed up n the starter contact points in the switch itself may not be making proper contact on the slide?

My next thought is a break in a wire some where in the harness near the neck of the motorcycle which is causing it to short out n show only one side working turn signal etc? Or a blown fuse?

another note,my owners manual calls for reg gas n thats all I ever use,if I run premium gas it runs ruff.I do use
    some sea foam abt every other year n run some thru.