I Feel Like Jackson, Mississippi

• June 20, 2013 1:32 AM PDT
    Well, a river doesn't run through it... Jackson is on the west side of the river, Pearl and Flowood are on the east side....  still...

I live in Brandon - just east of Pearl - out south of I-20.  Looking for some folks to ride with on weekends, maybe some during the week.  I ride my Vulcan 1700 Classic to and from work every day that I can.

I'm kind of an odd duck for the area - I'm a Liberal Libertarian Pagan.  So, if you can stand riding with someone who doesn't care what anyone else does or looks like, doesn't feel the need to carry a gun to be "safe" and has more gods than average, then give me a shout.

http://bobbyshead.blogspot.com />
    ... where is the smiley for "Duck and Cover" ?
    • 19034 posts
    June 21, 2013 1:46 AM PDT
    I rode the Natchez Trace from Natchez to Jackson and back to Natchez the last two years when I went through MS. Great place to ride.
    • 44 posts
    June 21, 2013 3:52 AM PDT
    I agree with Rex the Natchez Trace is a good relaxing ride we ride every year in the fall fron end to end. Make sure you stop and eat at the lovless cafe in Nashville Great food
    • 57 posts
    June 21, 2013 4:44 AM PDT
    Hey Hawksfire, God Bless America right, it great to live in a country where we can voice our opinions and practice our beliefs but seriously dude you don't want too carrie a gun every day,whats wrong with you, HA HA just kidding thought i would stir the soup a little, Actually wish I was closer too ride with you talk politics and Piss each other off,Ha HA. Keep on quacking Liberal Brother ride safe
  • June 21, 2013 5:27 AM PDT
    The Trace is a good ride and I may enjoy it more now that I've found Ratliff Ferry. I do want to do the whole ride some day... need a good tent...

Hey, Hunter - which god? LOL!!  Yeah, it is a great country to live in! ( I like how your photo is pointed right and mine is pointed left... just noticed that an laughed.. )

I may buy a gun eventually, but I've got a LONG list of things to get first... sissy bar, highway pegs, tent, cover the parking pad.... etc, etc. Not sure what I'd DO with it... don't have anything to shoot and no reason to shoot anything. I'd rather buy a share in a cow from a local organic farmer than ammo to hunt for meat with. I spend time in the woods and shoot things with my Camera - and uploading the pics from the camera is a lot less work than cleaning a deer!!!

Anyway...

Keep the Shiny side up!
    • 57 posts
    June 21, 2013 12:47 PM PDT
    Thats funny, Bikes facing opposite directions Right - Left opposing opinions,as far as which God You chose I'm not partial,Guns and Hunting not for everybody Im good with that, just poking fun at ya. Be Safe P.S I only hunt with stick and string Take care
  • June 21, 2013 9:31 PM PDT
    Morning Hawk, I live north of you a way. Not to far from Starkville. I do love to ride. I gotta work today but maybe we can plan a Trace run. I did ride a portion of it back from Tennessee last weekend. Almost went to sleep while riding. I guess that is what I get for riding a "road sofa" haha. I do love it though. I remember when I found it many years ago. Let's plan a trip. You could hop on there around Jackson head north and we could meet in Matheston. Make a run up the north end. It is very pretty on the north end. I do spend most of my time riding over to the east in the Alabama direction. There is some beautiful country in that direction.
  • June 24, 2013 1:12 AM PDT
    Geezer7 wrote...
    Morning Hawk, I live north of you a way. Not to far from Starkville. I do love to ride. I gotta work today but maybe we can plan a Trace run. I did ride a portion of it back from Tennessee last weekend. Almost went to sleep while riding. I guess that is what I get for riding a "road sofa" haha. I do love it though. I remember when I found it many years ago. Let's plan a trip. You could hop on there around Jackson head north and we could meet in Matheston. Make a run up the north end. It is very pretty on the north end. I do spend most of my time riding over to the east in the Alabama direction. There is some beautiful country in that direction.

That sounds like a good idea!  I used to hang around Starkvegas a bit, Rick's, Iron Horse, etc. 

I know I've got a big weekend planned on July 12th-14th, but other than that pretty open.  Probably a good idea to spend the weekends around that close to home with the wife though, lol!

- Hawksfire

• June 24, 2013 1:14 AM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    I only hunt with stick and string Take care

Thats the way to hunt!!

• January 2, 2014 8:23 AM PST
    Left Jackson for Nashville a couple years ago. Take the Trace down to Natchez to Fat Mamma's Tamales. Can't go wrong there. Miller Lite/HD used to have a pretty big Poker Run every spring. You should catch the details on the FM Rock Stations.