Yellowstone

• 1855 posts
    June 3, 2013 8:40 AM PDT
    First off we ARE going to Jackson's Hole.  We're leaving within the week.  I'm not so sure I want to do (risk) Yellowstone on a motorcycle considering all the idiots who seem to enjoy risking their lives to get a shot of a fkn bear or moose or buffalo. I can just see us stuck in a wilderness road parking lot with no way to get away.  I know it would be cool to see all the wonders the park has to offer but.........................well, help me out here if you've had some experience at the park.  NO!!!  We're not camping.

Peace
    • 1 posts
    June 3, 2013 10:37 AM PDT
    Last year at Yellowstone we entered the east gate going to Fishing Bridge RV park when we got caught up in stop and  go traffic. Sight seers were taking pictures of a buffalo next to the road and I mean right next to the road. Eventually, we got close enough to the buffalo what we saw scared the crap out of me. A car stopped just passed the buffalo and decided to take pictures, well, this left 6 bikers even with this mountain of a buffalo and as you can imagine the bikes were loud. What I mean by close you could reach out an touch the dam thing. It was a bad place to be. Luckily the buffalo didn't do anything this time. So, Jimmy I recommend you be very cautious around heavy traffic while large animals are about.

On another note; off topic a little bit. I would stop at an empty "pull over" place and play a joke. I would get out of the car  looking through my binoculars and point at nothing, pretending to see animals. Soon the "Pull Over" will be packed with sight seers. Then I would quietly leave and go to next one which is the one I really wanted to see.
    • 1 posts
    June 3, 2013 10:43 AM PDT

Don't mess with on of these. I wasn't that close thanks for zoom in cameras.

• 57 posts
    June 4, 2013 10:43 AM PDT
    I hunt Montana almost every year and have driven through Yellowstone many times but always after Labor Day, never a problem, took wife and kids back one summer and it was a parking lot. Don't do it you won't be a happy camper.
    • 1855 posts
    June 4, 2013 1:15 PM PDT
    Thanks for the info guys.