From SW Florida

• May 30, 2013 7:12 AM PDT
    I just bought a 2000 Honda Shadow 750 ACE. It's been a few years since I've owned a bike and most were smaller than this. This Shadow is sweet. I'm planning on taking a ride from Florida to California/and back sometime before next winter. Just here seeing what's happening on this forum. I had almost forgot what a joy it is to be out on the road on a bike. This is right up there with the maximum fun along side of all that other stuff I've done.
    • 1855 posts
    May 30, 2013 7:37 AM PDT
    Welcome Steve and enjoy your new ride. What's the route ya got planned out to California?

Peace
  • May 30, 2013 7:52 AM PDT
    I'm probably going to go up through Louisiana and basically keeping south. Depends on the weather. I have family in southern Calif. so would like to get there eventually plus more family in Portland, Ore. No time limit and not much money. LOL Just take it as it comes. Still in the planning phase. Thanks for asking.
  • May 30, 2013 11:48 AM PDT
    Were do u ride local
    • 567 posts
    May 30, 2013 12:41 PM PDT
    Greetings from the center of the state and welcome to CF.
    Planning a long one are ya? Does your Shadow have the original factory seat? If so, my experience with them is that the seat is a real spine killer on long runs. You might wanna look into either a Mustang or a Corbin with a rider's backrest.
    I made the ride out to Denver a few years ago and was able to take mostly two-laners up thru Alabama, Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas. The roads where great and much more enjoyable than being on the "super slab".
    Don't know about what the roads would be like after the Front Range of the Rockies. But I'm sure it would be a hellluva ride.
    I hope you have the best of luck on your trip.
    • 16795 posts
    May 30, 2013 4:13 PM PDT
    Hello from the extreme northwest corner of Pennsylvania.
    • 19007 posts
    May 30, 2013 10:25 PM PDT
    Welcome from the 'at large' member (currently in Terlingua, TX) to the best damn biker site/family on this here web thing.